Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New in Chicago

Re: New in Chicago

Full disclosure I'm originally from Pittsburgh but have been in Chicago for 3 of the past 5 years and plan to stay in the area awhile. So I'm a Pens and Steelers fan. Hope that's not a problem.. Haha.

Anyway it would be great to attend a SL event and meet some of you!

btw how difficult is it to land some of the more limited bottlings in the city? Like BTAC, Pappy, OFBB, FR LE, etc?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bootlegger1929 View Post
    btw how difficult is it to land some of the more limited bottlings in the city? Like BTAC, Pappy, OFBB, FR LE, etc?
    It's not that difficult to find limited edition bottlings in Chicago but you'll save yourself a lot of trouble trying to be in the right place at the right time if you just develop a good relationship with the right whiskey monger. I still see OFBB sitting on the shelves at a few places and some of the less popular BTACs can be found too.

Novice

Hey Chicago people:

My friend Kristina, owner of West Lakeview Liquors, is currently in Kentucky at Buffalo Trace, Heaven Hill, Four Roses & Willett Distilling to hand select 8 barrels of whiskey & rye. I'll follow up with her to find out when they'll be available in her store. She's got great taste in whiskey, so I know they're going to be good.

Nick
    No anchovies? you've got the wrong man. I spell my name "Danger"

Enthusiast

Bootlegger, your getting some good info. Strange that no one commented on the EWSB you layer out. It's a wonderful "table" bourbon. I alway have a few around.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by thiemb View Post
    It's not that difficult to find limited edition bottlings in Chicago but you'll save yourself a lot of trouble trying to be in the right place at the right time if you just develop a good relationship with the right whiskey monger. I still see OFBB sitting on the shelves at a few places and some of the less popular BTACs can be found too.
    Yes I have a quite a few places to pick up OFBB around town averaging $15.99 for a 750.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by brettckeen View Post
    Yes I have a quite a few places to pick up OFBB around town averaging $15.99 for a 750.
    OFBB is old Forrester birthday bourbon. You sure about that price? If so buy them all. It should be more like $40

Guru

Brett may be referring to Old Fitzgerald.

Connoisseur

Squire you are right, sorry I don't have the lingo down yet. Old Fitz Bonded indeed.

Advanced Taster

welcome, from another chicagoan. lots of us here.
    "We're still here. Scarred but here. But then again, we were invincible then."