Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Angel's Envy Rye

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I don't think it will change anything, but it is very good and perhaps surprisingly so. My respect for what the Henderson's have achieved continues to grow. Too bad the distillery looks like a pipedream, though.
    Chuck, it was my understanding that they were getting ready to move out on the distillery....has something happened this week to change those plans ?

Tom

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    You feel better now, don't you Ryan? Just, let it out...........

Yeah,a little "Self Affirmation" every once and a while seems to help,at least that is what I tell myself.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Enthusiast

Angel's Envy Rye

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    So when is this going to be released?
    It hit the shelves in Louisville yesterday.
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Guru

Pardon me if it's already been noted, but is this a one time release?

Enthusiast

Angel's Envy Rye

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Pardon me if it's already been noted, but is this a one time release?
    The story I got was that the rum cask finish was a limited release. But there was going to be a standard issue AE rye. Unclear on what the finish will be.

Can anyone confirm or debunk?
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by IronHead View Post
    The story I got was that the rum cask finish was a limited release. But there was going to be a standard issue AE rye. Unclear on what the finish will be.

Can anyone confirm or debunk?
    Can neither confirm or debunk but I was told more of the 100 proof rum cask finished rye is supposed to be coming. It will reportedly be getting a wider release later in the year. I have heard that another round of the Cask Strength port finished AE Bourbon may also be coming by the end of the year.

Given that AE is building its strong rep on finished whiskey I would be surprised if they released a rye that had not been finished in something. Maybe port like the bourbon version?

Or yet another type of finish? Based on the quality of their products so far I am certainly interested in giving another finish a try if they have another one up their sleeve!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    Chuck, it was my understanding that they were getting ready to move out on the distillery....has something happened this week to change those plans ?

Tom
    Just the opposite. The distillery is still nothing but vague talk. Believe it when you see it. I'm not saying it won't happen, but remember Willett. For about 20 years, it was always right around the corner. Yes, they did eventually crank up the stills, and so might the Hendersons. At this point, I don't see why they would. The company is doing just fine without it.

Apprentice

$80 is way high and unfortunately the Angel's Envy Rye isn't spectacular. For $40 you can get a bottle of Russell's Reserve 6 year rye which is outstanding! I do like the idea of rum finishing though, I just don't know if a rye is the one to do it with and certainly not with casks as wet as were used for Angel's Envy.
    Geoff Kleinman, Editor - Drink Spirits

Guru

Yeah you can keep that RR Rye. That's not to say I'm getting the AE, but I've heard much more good than bad regarding it.

Connoisseur

Angel's Envy Rye

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Just the opposite. The distillery is still nothing but vague talk. Believe it when you see it. I'm not saying it won't happen, but remember Willett. For about 20 years, it was always right around the corner. Yes, they did eventually crank up the stills, and so might the Hendersons. At this point, I don't see why they would. The company is doing just fine without it.
    I'd like to see this come to fruition. I have to believe that they would be able to experiment a lot more with their own equipment. I've been impressed with the juice the Henderson's have put forward thus far....just not the price tags.

But hey, I never begrudge anyone for making a profit, especially if the market will pay the asking prices. Nice whiskies for sure, just not worth it to me for what they are asking. Too many other great whiskies out there vying for my $$ at lower prices. To each his own.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."