Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: The case for 1792

Before I start throwing away all the canned goods in my pantry to make room for a case of Weller 12, how much did OWA change when it dropped the age statement? I'm fairly new to wheated bourbons, and I havent had a chance to do a side by side taste test.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
    Before I start throwing away all the canned goods in my pantry to make room for a case of Weller 12, how much did OWA change when it dropped the age statement? I'm fairly new to wheated bourbons, and I havent had a chance to do a side by side taste test.
    Many think it got better. Most agree that it's a great pour either way. Do a search for the "OWA single/private barrel" thread that was started recently. If you like it that much just pick up a bottle here and there until you have a little stash. That's what I do with the stuff I like (just to make sure I don't run out.)

Guru

The new bottlings of OWA are now six years old (give or take a month or so). The taste? Too early to tell.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

I knew a guy who bunkered by the case . . . all the same brand.

Enthusiast

Bunkering is bunkering. Quantum I have grave concerns that you still have any canned goods vs bourbon. If the worst happens I am afraid you wont make it.

To the point of, is something better now or then or instead of is exactly what this entire site is about. What is the best to me may not be to you. (but your wrong)

Just tonight my brother and I conducted a long distance side by side of the VVOFs. We had a hard time declaring a clear winner and choose to extend final judgment to another day. After, we both poured a glass of the mid 70's bottlings of Rebel Yell. It was unanimous, "...fine bourbon".

I like potato, you like tomato. To each his own, but the real question is, what did I miss and what can I learn from you. ..................... Quite a bit I imagine.

Someone tell me about Vintage 23 Rye............................ Should I clear the last of the canned goods out to make room for it?
    Last edited by Meruck; 03-08-2013 at 18:15.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Enthusiast

Re: Today's bunkerable bourbon

Has anyone had the HH 12 year "Alchemist". Its got a great name but I know it was export only (I think). I would be interested to hear any information anyone may have.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Guru

It was bottled in Scotland by the independent producer Murray-McDavid as part of their Alchemist line. HH 12 years old, 92 proof. No idea what it tastes like but sounds close to Elijah Craig.

Virtuoso

Today's bunkerable bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by SFS View Post
    The "learned one" also has an "o" in his handle.
    The learned one also have an "i" too.

Cheers
    Hugh

Enthusiast

After trying to do a serious tasting of the Abraham Bowman Special Release 147.4 proof, Its bunker bound. Now I just have to find more.

Today's bunkerable bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Meruck View Post
    After trying to do a serious tasting of the Abraham Bowman Special Release 147.4 proof, Its bunker bound. Now I just have to find more.
    If I had some still I would gladly send it your way. It's too hot, too astringent, and too woody for me. The 17 year old Abe Bowman's are, unfortunately, a HUGE step down from the older (distilled in 1993 rather 1994) bottles.