Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Today's bunkerable bourbon

Good point Smithford, while I don't expect any real changes in Ritt Rye it will be interesting to compare the products from two different distillerys.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Smithford View Post
    I would add Ritt BIB (DSP-KY354) to the list.

I know, I know. We have no idea what the DSP-KY1 rye will taste like, and there's every chance that it might be just as good or better. But I have persistent nagging doubts about that. Enough so that I'm slowly putting away a case or two of the 354. Whatever happens, the 354 rye will soon be gone forever, and many people will regret not stocking up.
    I totally forgot this one! I've been stocking up on that myself. I expect to love the DSP-1 version, but it'll be fun to pull out a Ritt-354 years down the road just for kicks.

Enthusiast

Well I tried the 1792 today for the first time as a serious sample and I do enjoy it, thanks ErichPryde, but now I feel like I need to get out there and grab a bottle of the RIH 354 just in case.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Advanced Taster

Re: The case for 1792

Why even think about bunkering . I live close to SmokinJoe.
    "Abstainer: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure."
    Ambrose Bierce

Enthusiast

So the EC 12 barrel proof was nominated for bunkering on another thread, and that brings to mind the eligibility of all the ECs for this, especially the EC 21.

what I really want to know more about is Vintage 17. I've heard it's rye and I've heard wheat. I've heard it's a combo of them and I've heard it started as rye and was last released as a wheat. Are any, all or none of these correct? Would it make the bunkerable list and if its gone away should it have been bunkered.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Smithford View Post
    I would add Ritt BIB (DSP-KY354) to the list.

I know, I know. We have no idea what the DSP-KY1 rye will taste like, and there's every chance that it might be just as good or better. But I have persistent nagging doubts about that. Enough so that I'm slowly putting away a case or two of the 354. Whatever happens, the 354 rye will soon be gone forever, and many people will regret not stocking up.
    Im also stocking up but bernie Lubbers did not agree that it was a "given" that the 354 rye would just switch over to dsp 1 after 4-6 years of production. I guess it's possible that they might have other plans for dsp 1 rye and keep Ritt profile the same. Either way I'm ok with wat I've got put down
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Guru

To me there is something incongruous about bunkering mystery whisky.

Connoisseur

My understanding is that vintage 17 was rye bourbon. The last bottling was wheated bourbon. I emailed Drew at KBD and he verified this, but not the distiller. My assumption with the timing and age was early Bernheim juice. It is very nice bourbon, but I haven't seen it in a few months. Other areas may still have stock though. There was something on here about the label and varying shades of green. I know mine is wheated as TPS has quick bottle turnover and wouldn't have had the rye by the time I bought mine.
    Last edited by clingman71; 03-06-2013 at 20:31.

Enthusiast

So, does that make the early Bernhiem bunkerable?

Squire, if you knew the origins would V17 make your list?

Enthusiast

The only thing close to bunkerable that I have is VWFRR13, which I finally opened after 2-1/2 years of sitting on it. Anybody want a taste, gimme a shout, cause it's goin' fast!