Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Threaded View

BOTM 3/13: George Dickel Rye.

There was a lot of discussion about this in the rye forum, so I figured why not. It was also suggested to me by another member who was trying to help me out. And you all know, I can use all the help I can get. So the BOTM for this month is Dickel Rye. Tennessee Rye. Well, MGPI, LDI, ABC, or XYZ rye, finished with the Lincoln County process. Whatever.

Pretty much all I know about this is what's been posted here, so not much commentary from me again this month. (Okay, that's enough cheering. Sit down now. ) I will say that I have seen it around here in the liquor department of my local grocery store chain. These stores normally don't mess around with their inventory much, so it was a little bit of a surprise for me the first time I saw it. The price was okay too. $23.99, which for these stores is pretty decent. In conclusion, here's a rye that appears to be readily available, that's being sold at a fairly decent price, and also one that most folks think tastes pretty good. As has been mentioned, sounds like a value pour to me.

So, what say ye? What tickles your Dickel? Let's hear your thought about George Dickel Rye.

Cheers! Joe
    Last edited by fishnbowljoe; 03-03-2013 at 19:28.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"