Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stores in the Lexington KY area?

Good afternoon all,
    Have a friend traveling to Lexington this weekend and I was looking for a recommendation or two of a couple stores in the area generally well stocked. Thank you in advance for any input.

Regards,
    CM

Guru

Re: Stores in the Lexington KY area?

Liquor Barn will be your best best. Hope you ain't looking for anything limited though. They will have pretty much all the standard stuff though, but that's about it.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Liquor Barn will be your best best. Hope you ain't looking for anything limited though. They will have pretty much all the standard stuff though, but that's about it.
    You Commonwealthers are spoiled rotten. Do you know how many of the rest of us would do cart wheels if we could get "pretty much all the standard stuff"? That's why a Buckeye like me shops at Liquor Barn several times a year. Have even been known to hit more than one LB location. Will be headed to Lex. again within a week, in fact. (God willin' and the creek don't rise--again.)
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Guru

Believe me, I know. Just like to put that out there because a lot of people think that we can get everything here, anytime of the week. There's lots worse you can do than the everyday stuff, just wanted to make it known that's all he was likely to find.

Guru

You locals are just trying to throw us off the scent, we know you follow the delivery trucks.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    You locals are just trying to throw us off the scent, we know you follow the delivery trucks.
    I actually did spot the Republic Distributing truck early in the morning on my way to court in Owensboro the day after the Van Winkle release in Lexington. After court I swooped over to the liquor store right as the truck was pulling in.

Guru

See, see, they fess up only after the shopping trip.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Everyone in 38 state and half of Canada shops at LB in Lex and Louisville, as we are a drive thru state (and folks know they can find plenty of options here). As a local, I probably walk out of LB empty handed 50% of the time, because they don't have what I'm looking for at that moment.

Having said that, it often makes it somewhat difficult for those of us who live here. I'm not complaining, but just stating what is a fact.

I do have the option of going to the distillery gift shops, but they aren't just around the corner either.

I'm actually just looking for bourbon that is not available here in NC due to the ABC mafia (ie VoB, Old Grandad 114, Heaven Hill BiB or 90 proof). Is there one specific local of the Liquor Barn that may have a chance of a broader selection?

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Last edited by ncjazcat; 02-18-2014 at 20:14.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazcat View Post
    I'm actually just looking for bourbon that is not available here in NC due to the ABC mafia (ie VoB, Old Grandad 114, Heaven Hill BiB or 90 proof). Is there one specific local of the Liquor Barn that may have a chance of a broader selection?
    Not really...you will be closer to the interstate at the Hamburg location, but they all should have plenty of the standards in stock. You can even find all of the items you listed at local drug stores such as Rite Aid, Walgreens and the like.