Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Enthusiast

Let's talk Turkey: Exports vs NA

I'm currently working through a bottle of WT 8 year export and it's great bourbon. I've also had samples of dusty 8 and 12 year Turkeys that were excellent. I haven't had as much of the current NA Turkeys and RR bottles as I'd like, but is there a NA market equivalent? Which one is closest to the 8 year export flavor profile? It's a shame WT has earned a reputation for declining quality, but to me the exports prove they still got it when they want too.

Re: Let's talk Turkey: Exports vs NA

The tradition is the only one sold in North America that is anywhere close to the dusty 8 and 12 and export 8. Unfortunately its over $100

Enthusiast

It really irritates me that Wild Turkey saves their best product for export. They should at least me them available in the gift shop, so at least it is possible for their American fan base to enjoy some.

It's the same thing with Blanton's cask strength... I want some damn it!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by qman22 View Post
    It really irritates me that Wild Turkey saves their best product for export. They should at least me them available in the gift shop, so at least it is possible for their American fan base to enjoy some.

It's the same thing with Blanton's cask strength... I want some damn it!
    IIRC, the folks that own the Blantons brand said they were going to expand the range of bottlings available here. The announcement was sadly short on specifics.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

Do you recall when they said that.

I have a bottle of the export 12 year 101, and to be honest i much prefer Russells Reserve.

Connoisseur

I havent tried any of the export stuff. Out of the WT that I could run out and buy today; I think Rare Breed is good. I haven't had any in a year or so, so I hope it hasn't changed too. The current WT 101, the lower proof versions, and RR; I pass up.

Guru

Sad but true. The best (or very nearly the best) WT I've ever had was the WT12 Gold Foil (I didn't say "cheesy" to avoid irking certain parties) and I'm down to the last quarter of the only bottle I've ever owned (or ever seen, for that matter). I'd buy it by the case if I could. Same goes for the dusty 8.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Sad but true. The best (or very nearly the best) WT I've ever had was the WT12 Gold Foil (I didn't say "cheesy" to avoid irking certain parties) and I'm down to the last quarter of the only bottle I've ever owned (or ever seen, for that matter). I'd buy it by the case if I could. Same goes for the dusty 8.
    I have 2 rules on this site. Don't irk the Boss, and don't irk Oscar. Anyone else....

And if you ever get up to this state again, I'll pour you a deep glass of WT12 while we spin some Son House.

Guru

I'd have the rank the 12 yr as the best Wild Turkey expression I've had, or at least I enjoyed it the most.