Quote Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
Lifted from an online sellers spiel on the WT8 export. The bold highlight is mine...

Damn tricksy them Russell boys. Had me hoodwinked for years! WT8 export is a wheater!

I was gutted when the WT8 export became unavailable here in Oz. It is apparently not available via duty free channels here now either. Echoing another poster the 8 year has a sweetness that holds it's own against the typical Turkey spice and actually comes out on top with notes of brown sugar and caramel. The thing I miss the most about this bottling is a butteryness that you get through the mouthfeel. It's a whiskey you can chew on.

I've seen it posted here many times that the US market 8YO of yesteryear leaves the export in its dust. That Turkey once produced such a quality in their mass market flagship is both astounding and saddening in how far they have fallen with the 101 NAS.
Don't know about the wheater bit but I've got a dusty 8 sitting in the cabinet that I picked up at an estate sale for $4 a few years back. May have to crack that baby this afternoon, since I just won two meatball and Italian beef sandwiches in red sauce for lunch. Could be my lucky day!