Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello SB Forum

Re: Hello SB Forum

Welcome aboard come join us in chat some time. Lower left hand corner of page. Not to jump on the band wagon but FR does not make any rye whiskey.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Taster

Are you sure that Makers Mark is from Jim Beam? I hadn't heard that.

I like your web site though!

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Bulliet is a Diageo brand produced under contract with Four Roses. Diageo can of course obtain whisky made to specification from other sources but the flavor profile will remain the same. Bulliet Rye is purchased from MGPI (formerly LDI) at the present time.
    Got it Ė updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    Yes, NAS means No Age Statement. Somewhere on here is a post with all the acronyms that we use.
    Welcome aboard. Your website is interesting. I suggest analysing less and drinking more
    Thanks, I did stumble across that page after doing a search, now Iím armed with jargon. Analyzing is free Ė drinking is the rate limiting factor
    Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    May I also suggest Danger that your blog, which I agree with Wade is interesting, include more info about who you are. You did it here on SB, so I paid attention to you as a newcomer. But with the rapid evolution of whiskey blogs (I'll leave it to you scientists to precisely measure their exponential growth ), the more I know of the writer the less I may dismiss it as another vanity project.
    Good points. I had started the notes as a way to quickly check how much I (and my tasting group) liked a given bottle we saw when we were out at the bar. So it started as more of a reference and less of a blog. Iíll post a bit more about who I am and why you should bother to read anything I write. Though, I donít intend (and never could anyway) compete with any ďlegitimateĒ blogs like the Manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Oh, I think your palate isn't quite calibrated correctly with Heaven Hill products either .
    Haha Ė give it timeÖ The Elijah12 and the Evan Williams Vintage are two pours that everyone is always ranting about but I could just never get into. I think thereís just something wrong with my tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by justataste View Post

The only thing Iím sure of in this world is that I like my nightcaps; everything else is just speculation. But, Wikipedia has my back on this one for whatever thatís worth. Thanks for checking out the site.

Enthusiast

Welcome to SB! There are a few of us here that live in the Triangle. We get together for tastings, smoking cigars and just plain ole drinking. You are welcome to join us if ya like.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by justataste View Post

Beam purchased Makers Mark in 2005 (at the time Beam was part of Fortune Brands). However, they only make Makers at the Maker's distillery, not at the other Beam owned distilleries.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Welcome to SB! There are a few of us here that live in the Triangle. We get together for tastings, smoking cigars and just plain ole drinking. You are welcome to join us if ya like.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I would absolutely be interested in getting in on some of that (though I can't handle more than one cigar per night). Where do I sign?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I would absolutely be interested in getting in on some of that (though I can't handle more than one cigar per night). Where do I sign?
    PM me your email addy. I'll let you know when our next get together is.

Virtuoso

Good Day and welcome from Michigan.

Glad to have you here.

Best regards, Tony

Maker's Mark is part of Beam Global.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    Hi all. Iím from Chicago but living in Durham, NC.

I was never much of a drinker, even though my friends basically made a profession out of beer guzzling, until one fateful night I was served bourbon neat. Since then I've been drinking non-stop and trying to refine my palate and understand the spirit. These forums have been a go-to source for me for information and flavor discussion going on about 6 months now, and so I thought it was time to join officially.

Also, if anyone is interested I record tasting notes for the American whiskey I try and have been posting them online for about a year now: Danger Finds Bourbon

Thanks
    That's an impressive website! Saw that you're a research scientist, you work in RTP? I was up there Thursday for a seminar and go back and forth to Harris nuclear station pretty regularly.