Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello SB Forum

Enthusiast

Re: Hello SB Forum

Welcome, Danger. I agree that your website is impressive. For the life of me I am nuance challenged as I rarely .. almost never .. am able to pull out the "hints" of this and that from a given pour. I have no problem picking up on the dominant flavors and I know a well balanced taste as well as a pour lacking complexity & without balance. I purused some of your comments on many of my favorite pours and find them to be nicely stated expressions of what I get out of it as well. More often than not I can pick up on nuances once they are suggested.

I suspect my years of smoking many, many cigars has done some damage. I will look forward to your tasting notes for comparison.
    Jon

Taster

Re: Hello SB Forum

Quote Originally Posted by SoldWife4Pappy23 View Post
    That's an impressive website! Saw that you're a research scientist, you work in RTP? I was up there Thursday for a seminar and go back and forth to Harris nuclear station pretty regularly.
    First of all, I actually lolíd when I read your name. Second, thanks for the compliment. Iíve been working at Duke for the past year, so I think that absolutely counts as the triangle. I have always wondered about this: are people fashion conscious of their radiation patches? Or do you just slap on whatever they have at the plant?
    Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    Good Day and welcome from Michigan.

Glad to have you here.

Best regards, Tony
    Thanks for the welcome. I lived in Michigan for some years actually. Iím a fan of Greektown in Detroit and Zingermanís in Ann Arbor.
    Quote Originally Posted by HighHorse View Post
    Welcome, Danger. I agree that your website is impressive. For the life of me I am nuance challenged as I rarely .. almost never .. am able to pull out the "hints" of this and that from a given pour. I have no problem picking up on the dominant flavors and I know a well balanced taste as well as a pour lacking complexity & without balance. I purused some of your comments on many of my favorite pours and find them to be nicely stated expressions of what I get out of it as well. More often than not I can pick up on nuances once they are suggested.

I suspect my years of smoking many, many cigars has done some damage. I will look forward to your tasting notes for comparison.
    Iím so glad you are finding my notes helpful or interesting, it makes me glad I posted them.
    I will just come out and confess my process right now for how I do my notes, but I'm no master taster either. I spend some time smelling (especially smelling) and tasting, and actually write down my impressions at this point. I then read what other people have to say about the flavors and retaste. This helps me to refine what I actually think about the flavors either through agreeing or disagreeing with their comments. So, I use othersí opinions as well, but I donít think thereís anything wrong with that.