Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Advanced Taster

My kentucky trip

Stayed in bardstown for three days. Visited WT, HH, four roses & barton.
    i did alot of tasting & brought with me several nice bottles! Wild turkey tradition 14yr,
    Two different four roses single barrels, one barrel proof. Evan williams SB signed by craig beam,
    three liters of old heaven hill BIB, two HH 6yr100proof, a few old fitzgerald BIB (one's a
    handle) mellow corn, few liters AAA & a distiller signed bottle of 1792 (ken pierce?)
    im sure i left some out. Had a blast, me and the wife plan on coming back this summer for the derby
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Enthusiast

Re: My kentucky trip

The only question I have is why didnt you get a good supply while you were there? Thst only going to last a week or so, if your careful.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Advanced Taster

Had my wife with me, and she prevented me from achieving my goal- ten year supply of select whiskies
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Apprentice

why not go to Willet?

Advanced Taster

sounds like you had a great time. i need to make it back down that way soon. it's been a little while.
    "We're still here. Scarred but here. But then again, we were invincible then."

Advanced Taster

Wanted to visit willett, even thou im not a huge fan. Id like to hit buffalo trace, woodford, willett, maker's (i know) jim beam and a few others. I think all the distilleries offer atleast one good example (except makers, unless you count them as part of beam)
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Disciple

My kentucky trip

Quote Originally Posted by straightwhiskeyruffneck View Post
    Wanted to visit willett, even thou im not a huge fan. Id like to hit buffalo trace, woodford, willett, maker's (i know) jim beam and a few others. I think all the distilleries offer atleast one good example (except makers, unless you count them as part of beam)
    Makers is a beautiful place, good tour, and interesting tasting, no matter what you think of their whiskey.
    Jim