Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 52 of 192 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Damn, that makes me feel better about the $14 per glass price I was getting.
    So is it a bottle you would buy for $130? I didn't but didn't have a chance to try before hand either.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Damn, that makes me feel better about the $14 per glass price I was getting.
    David, I saw it for the first time yesterday: $129.99. At that price I could not pull the trigger.

Where are they pouring it for $14. Damn good price. I'll have to go check it out.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Virtuoso

What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Lot B, Weller Centennial, WSR Lville and Weller 12 last night with a friend. The Wellers were good to great. The Lot B... Not so mch. Not sure what happened with the 2012 profile of Lot B... I'm not a fan.
    Concern about your comment on LotB 2012. Is this one off?

Thanks
    Hugh

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    So is it a bottle you would buy for $130? I didn't but didn't have a chance to try before hand either.
    Although it was very good, I can't say I'd pull the trigger for $130. There are very, very few bottles I'd spend that much for, though.

Quote Originally Posted by wmpevans View Post
    David, I saw it for the first time yesterday: $129.99. At that price I could not pull the trigger.

Where are they pouring it for $14. Damn good price. I'll have to go check it out.
    Bill, I had it at Ormsby's in West Midtown (Howell Mil & 10GH). I left plenty there for ya!

Guru

William Larue Weller of the 2012 BTAC, neat.
    ovh

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    William Larue Weller of the 2012 BTAC, neat.
    This bottle must have had a short fill, as you can see in the pic below I allready emptied it.

ovh

Guru

Setup an elaborate blind tasting only to discover that the pollen is messing with my olfactory something fierce. Squared off some Bookers, GTS, EC12BP, and WTRRSB off (wanted to represent HH, WT, BT, and JB - no disrespect to 4R or others!) I diluted the first 3 to 110 (same as the WTRRSB) just to see how they would all compare at that proof. Stepped away from it in the hope that my senses will wake up a bit. Interesting in the color difference - you can tell that while the proof is all 110 there is a big swing in terms of age. Based on color alone, #1 and #2 both look fairly young, while #3 gets a bit darker and #4 is noticeably darker (and the only one that is a tad cloudy - so my guess is that is the EC12BP). I put stickers on the lids and stickers on the bases, so once I poured and diluted - I moved the glasses around and put the lids on random (just dumb luck that the color seems to increase with the number).

20130412_170332.jpg

Once I finish, I'll turn the glasses over and associate my notes on each number with what was actually in the glass - although with the impaired senses, may just have to do this all over again (oh . . . darn ).
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Enthusiast

VOB BIB to start my two day vacation.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    Setup an elaborate blind tasting only to discover that the pollen is messing with my olfactory something fierce. Squared off some Bookers, GTS, EC12BP, and WTRRSB off (wanted to represent HH, WT, BT, and JB - no disrespect to 4R or others!) I diluted the first 3 to 110 (same as the WTRRSB) just to see how they would all compare at that proof. Stepped away from it in the hope that my senses will wake up a bit. Interesting in the color difference - you can tell that while the proof is all 110 there is a big swing in terms of age. Based on color alone, #1 and #2 both look fairly young, while #3 gets a bit darker and #4 is noticeably darker (and the only one that is a tad cloudy - so my guess is that is the EC12BP). I put stickers on the lids and stickers on the bases, so once I poured and diluted - I moved the glasses around and put the lids on random (just dumb luck that the color seems to increase with the number).

20130412_170332.jpg

Once I finish, I'll turn the glasses over and associate my notes on each number with what was actually in the glass - although with the impaired senses, may just have to do this all over again (oh . . . darn ).
    Ok, am I missing a section of tasting notes and comparison

It's like a good story telling set up then its over? haha

Cheers
    Hugh

Virtuoso

Started early with the PHC 2010 then PHC 2012 and now LotB an 09 edition. The PHC were a great deal better and more balance with less "alcohol" taste finish and better flavor.

Hugh