Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 103 of 192 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1919
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

Just got back from my first trip to bourbon country. I was only there for two days. Visited BT, both Four Roses facilities, HH, and Willet. Brought back these four bottles and sampling a little from each, as I have never had any of these before. Four Roses SB Barrel Strength (OBSF), Noah's Mill, Willet 4yr Rye, Willet 9yr Bourbon.

So far I ave tried the Four Roses and Noah's Mill. The FR is fantastic. The Noah's Mill is interesting. If I didn't know any better I'd swear someone vatted some Evan Williams Single Barrel with some Baker's. Lot's of Cedar and Rye.

photo-1.jpg

If anyone is interested, you can see some pics from the trip here: www.flickr.com/ethandt
    Last edited by Crowes; 05-10-2013 at 18:57.

Virtuoso

SB blend 50/50 followed by FR Mariage '09 = happy Old Dusty
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Enthusiast

Good evening out celebrating an anniversary with the wife and a new deal for my small business, decided to try quite a few things Ive never had before.

Old Rip Van Winkle, really drank like a lot lower proof than it was.
    Flight of Belle Mead, Leopold Brothers, Berkshire Mountian, and Thirteenth Colony Rye. In order of preference 2,3,4,1. Surprised myself with the Thirteenth colony, I don't think it will replace Rittenhouse as my goto rye, but I really enjoyed it. Very very strong mint qualities to it, which I guess the good folks at HH have me appreciating more and more. Tend to shy away from new breweries, but they're from the state and under $30 a bottle, I might pick up one to support them.

Finished up with a whistlepig 10 year, which was a bit dissapointing, tasty but I'd built it up a bit in my head a bit and for the cost I could have had a whole bottle of Ritt. Oh well, live and learn. Have a tall pour of EWBiB to finish up the night.

Cheers all.

Guru

Lil BT progression tonight, AAA 10 yr, Blanton's, John J Bowman 1B, and 2012 GTS.

Virtuoso

Onto the regular FRSmB, the LE is much better

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    1. If something bad happens, drink in an attempt to forget.
    2. If something good happens, drink in order to celebrate.
    3. And if nothing happens, drink, to make something happen.
    Charles Bukowski

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Crowes View Post
    Just got back from my first trip to bourbon country. I was only there for two days. Visited BT, both Four Roses facilities, HH, and Willet. Brought back these four bottles and sampling a little from each, as I have never had any of these before. Four Roses SB Barrel Strength (OBSF), Noah's Mill, Willet 4yr Rye, Willet 9yr Bourbon.

So far I ave tried the Four Roses and Noah's Mill. The FR is fantastic. The Noah's Mill is interesting. If I didn't know any better I'd swear someone vatted some Evan Williams Single Barrel with some Baker's. Lot's of Cedar and Rye.

photo-1.jpg

If anyone is interested, you can see some pics from the trip here: www.flickr.com/ethandt
    Those ares some really great photos. Your Heaven Hill photo looks like mine. Would be great art for a bar. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm not an expert but I have lots of opinions!

Advanced Taster

Celebrating my birthday a few days early by jailbreaking a bottle of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel from the bunker. Cask-strength, high-rye, spice bomb. I would buy this by the case if they sold it in the States.

Advanced Taster

Thank you so much, glad you liked them.

Guru

What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by dementedavenger View Post
    Celebrating my birthday a few days early by jailbreaking a bottle of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel from the bunker. Cask-strength, high-rye, spice bomb. I would buy this by the case if they sold it in the States.
    I've added this to my cart like umpteen times already but never pulled the trigger - need to buy my own, but in the mean time...

¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Advanced Taster

Started the evening with a couple of pours of EW Bib in coffee. Will now move to EC12 and then my special vatting of WSR and OGD114.

After that I will blissfully crawl to bed........