Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 171 of 192 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1919
    Disciple

What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I thought the 7 year bottles were interesting, with a menthol flavor reminiscent of, but different from, the LDI mint. Hard to distinguish, but the 120 seemed to have more going on than the 115. I definitely understand the comments about these being a blend ingredient more than a proper individual bourbon, but I find that aspect interesting as well. Totally drinkable and unique.

The 10 year barrel 362 and 363 are much more mature. More barrel influence leading to more vanilla on the palate, no mint/menthol, a softer entry, and a hint of a FR style cherry note. I also got a Beam style (Baker's or OGD 114) yeasty note which I looked very much. Hard to pick a winner, but very enjoyable whiskies, both.

I only did one small pour of each from fresh bottles, and none of the noses really opened up. I tasted all neat. I'm interested in how air and time will change these. I'm more of a palate/finish guy though, so I still had plenty to enjoy and ponder.
    I just meant the basketball game though
    Jim

Virtuoso

Maybe i was trying to ignore it!?

Enthusiast

Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

HHWBIB 6yo to start the night off, then doubled my pleasure by switching to EC12 with a splash of ECBP added to juice it up a little.

Advanced Taster

Tonight it's some dusty OWA - Louisville era.

Enthusiast

Going through my high proofs this evening. This years PHC (4th dump if I recall), followed by OGD114, if I feel like another it'll be ECBP.

Apprentice

The weather has finally warmed up in Germany and I was enjoying some Whiskey Sours on the balcony using the cheapest bourbon I can find here (Seven Oaks American Straight Bourbon Whiskey).
    Sláinte!
    Kurt
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink.They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're gonna feel all day." - Dean Martin

Connoisseur

First, ECBP over ice, then PHC 6th devil's batch cut to about 110 pf. ECBP is just some crazy stuff, in a good way. Neat, over ice, cut with water, the ECBP has such a unique flavor and profile. Glad I have a few bottles around.

And the PHC 6th never disappoints. It really is a special bourbon IMHO.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I thought the 7 year bottles were interesting, with a menthol flavor reminiscent of, but different from, the LDI mint. Hard to distinguish, but the 120 seemed to have more going on than the 115. I definitely understand the comments about these being a blend ingredient more than a proper individual bourbon, but I find that aspect interesting as well. Totally drinkable and unique.

The 10 year barrel 362 and 363 are much more mature. More barrel influence leading to more vanilla on the palate, no mint/menthol, a softer entry, and a hint of a FR style cherry note. I also got a Beam style (Baker's or OGD 114) yeasty note which I looked very much. Hard to pick a winner, but very enjoyable whiskies, both.

I only did one small pour of each from fresh bottles, and none of the noses really opened up. I tasted all neat. I'm interested in how air and time will change these. I'm more of a palate/finish guy though, so I still had plenty to enjoy and ponder.
    I considered the various 7 years but am glad that I ended up pulling the trigger on the 10 year barrel 363. Probably going to open it up next weekend.

Guru

Far too much EC18 while watching the Blackhawks game Saturday night. But it sure tasted good goin' down!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Have you ever had your tried and true favorite that you have had like a ka-zillion times but every now and then it's like something new and exciting and extra flavorful?
    That's what's happening now with me and my 4R1B, neat.
    ovh