Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 15 of 108 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

Found several 2012 WLW (123.4 proof) in the wild today for a pretty good price and was tempted to pick up several bottles but decided to just get one since I already had a couple put away. Also picked up a Warehouse C I found at the same store and a Woodford MD Four Wood even though the reviews have been a bit spotty. Figured despite the rather high price I should judge for myself!

In addition I came across what appeared to be an old Benchmark 375ml from Louisville with a tax stamp (pictures in the Dusty thread) and decided to pick it up for the outrageous sum of $7!
    Last edited by tanstaafl2; 03-27-2013 at 19:16.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Advanced Taster

Got me some Col. E.H. Taylor Barrel proof!
    ill be poppin' the cork on this one tonight
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Enthusiast

2-ECBP and they had 2-EC 18 so I pick them up also
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Found several 2012 WLW (123.4 proof) in the wild today for a pretty good price and was tempted to pick up several bottles but decided to just get one since I already had a couple put away. Also picked up a Warehouse C I found at the same store and a Woodford MD Four Wood even though the reviews have been a bit spotty. Figured despite the rather high price I should judge for myself!

In addition I came across what appeared to be an old Benchmark 375ml from Louisville with a tax stamp (pictures in the Dusty thread) and decided to pick it up for the outrageous sum of $7!
    Was this in Atlanta? If so, I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that around here, figured too many people around anything like that would have been picked clean long ago.

Guru

What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

Took home a Saz18 '12 today from a trade with a friend
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman View Post
    Was this in Atlanta? If so, I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that around here, figured too many people around anything like that would have been picked clean long ago.
    It was indeed in the Atlanta metro area. I was surprised by it as well. The manager or possibly owner (I didn't think to ask) mentioned he got one of the last allotments in the city. No idea if that is true. Might have been a few bottles that got temporarily lost in the back of a distributors warehouse for all I know.

BTW I was PM'd by someone wanting the location but apparently they are too new to receive PMs (which is odd since they sent one to me) or haven't set up there profile to receive them so that is why I haven't responded. Sorry about that!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Enthusiast

That was me - didn't realize I can't receive PMs yet. I will be in Atlanta with family for Easter and the WLW is the only antique collection bottle I'm missing from having the complete set. I understand if you don't want to post the store name in the main forum where eBay resellers can see it; I'm sure I will find a bottle in due time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nd2005 View Post
    That was me - didn't realize I can't receive PMs yet. I will be in Atlanta with family for Easter and the WLW is the only antique collection bottle I'm missing from having the complete set. I understand if you don't want to post the store name in the main forum where eBay resellers can see it; I'm sure I will find a bottle in due time.
    Sorry to leave you hanging but I'd rather not put it out in the open.

Enthusiast

What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

Returned a 1.75 of MM that I purchased for bunkering during the proof snafu and no longer needed, and picked up 2 bottles of H McKenna SB BIB instead. I feel better now.

Guru

I stumbled across two bottles of OWA 7yr. from '05 and picked them up. Passed up 4+ liters of WSR 7yr. at the same place.