Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 55 of 108 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BB Slim View Post
    Tucker, what is FR1B? Sorry for not being more familiar with the acronyms but I did check the list posted here on SB and didn't see that one. Is it Four Roses Single Barrel?
    Yep. Four Roses Single Barrel. Sometimes it goes by FRSB too. Not to be confused with the Four Roses Small batch - FRSmB.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Kyjd75 View Post
    A trade rather than a purchase, but thanks to KyFriedChicken I now have an additional two (2) OFBB 2012 for the bunker.
    Glad to make the trade. I doubt that my trade will ever hit a bunker. I'll have to open an OFBB 2012 I still have some night and compare notes with you. Hope Eric enjoys his find as well. That was the last bottle left and I had a taste at the shop and last night again. A little sweet until you add a little water or in my case EC12 90Proof. My math came to 112.1 and it was great. Can't wait to start playing with the proof on your bottle.
    I'm not an expert but I have lots of opinions!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    I was pretty frugal down at the Sampler for a change. My supply of BIB's at home was getting just a little low, so I took the opportunity to stock up on a few while I was in Bardstown.

Here's what I bought.
    6 bottles of HH White Label 6yr BIB
    1 bottle of HH gold label BIB
    1 bottle of VOB 100 proof

My total bill was less than $90. In previous trips to Bardstown, I've spent almost that much on one bottle.
    Even more frugal than you with just one bottle...the EC 12 BP, this one being 120.9 proof at $54. It is stunning brought to 100 proof and do regret not picking up another but... gotta haves do keep rolling out with regularity.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by T Comp View Post
    Even more frugal than you with just one bottle...the EC 12 BP, this one being 120.9 proof at $54. It is stunning brought to 100 proof and do regret not picking up another but... gotta haves do keep rolling out with regularity.
    Who knew that I split a room with the king of self restraint?
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    I'll pick up a store selection of FR1B whenever I see one. Today's buy from a local shop, bottled just last month, is from the same warehouse and general vicinity as the barrels selected for the 2013 Great Steamboat Race (on sale at the FR gift shop). Both are a little darker and have more depth and spice than I recall from other single barrels. Delicious!
    You did stock up on the 2013 Great Steamboat Race selection at the gift shop, right? I mean, it was discussed that this will be the sleeper whiskey of the year, and be highly sought after - probably making the PVW craze look like a bunch of hooey.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Connoisseur

I haven't posted for awhile because I haven't been drinking or buying bourbon recently for some stupid reason. But I am back on the wagon and to celebrate bought a bottle of Lot B today. It's the one VW I haven't tried yet for some reason.

Guru

Welcome back and enjoy!

Enthusiast

Col EH Taylor Single barrel.

Speaking of the "steam boat race" I remeber when the "Bell" had two assist tugs waiting to speed the turn. Boy oh Boy did the "Queen" get taught a lesson that year.
    Last edited by Meruck; 04-30-2013 at 18:07.
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Quote Originally Posted by KyFriedChicken View Post
    Glad to make the trade. I doubt that my trade will ever hit a bunker. I'll have to open an OFBB 2012 I still have some night and compare notes with you. Hope Eric enjoys his find as well. That was the last bottle left and I had a taste at the shop and last night again. A little sweet until you add a little water or in my case EC12 90Proof. My math came to 112.1 and it was great. Can't wait to start playing with the proof on your bottle.
    thanks for stopping in and making a trade with Steve and I. I have had a couple of pours of the ec12brlstrength in the past. Next time you are in, we might have a few private barrel selections in stock. First two willetts (6 yr old and 10 yr) plus a 4roses that we are selecting next week.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    You did stock up on the 2013 Great Steamboat Race selection at the gift shop, right? I mean, it was discussed that this will be the sleeper whiskey of the year, and be highly sought after - probably making the PVW craze look like a bunch of hooey.
    Just one. I'm a sucker for a special label.