Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

2 bottles of Louisville old charter 10 year old and a bottle of Tom Moore bib that looked like it might have been at the store for a long time!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    Another BP Elijah Craig. It is funny I walk by the 18 when I see it but the BP is so tasty. Maybe I should get the occasional 18 I see and blend a little BP in there?

Best regards, Tony
    Ok, rub it in. I can't find either in the Indy area. I would like to try the 18 but would settle for either.

Guru

walked into my liquor store today looking for something else, when i saw something that stopped me dead in my tracks. there was one of my favorites, Knob Creek 120, sitting on the shelf with a sale price of $19.99. I went back to the front of the store, grabbed a basket, and proceeded to clear the shelf. they even discount it further when you buy as many as i did. if they restock it, i'll reclear it!

is this how bunkering gets started?

Guru

Yes, that's usually the first step on rewarding journey.

Picked up a Basil Hayden's... I haven't tried it but it was the last age stated bottle I've come across locally so it made it's way home with me. Didn't hurt it was on sale.

What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    walked into my liquor store today looking for something else, when i saw something that stopped me dead in my tracks. there was one of my favorites, Knob Creek 120, sitting on the shelf with a sale price of $19.99. I went back to the front of the store, grabbed a basket, and proceeded to clear the shelf. they even discount it further when you buy as many as i did. if they restock it, i'll reclear it!

In guessing a clearance or priced incorrectly. Around here, cost on that bottle is over $30. Unless it was a mistake, I wouldn't plan on finding it at that price again.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post

Is that like 1/2 price? Wow! Any reason it was on sale? You did well my friend!

Connoisseur

Picked up a 4R1BLE 2013 (been waiting to try this one, loved the 2012 version), EWSB 2003, and a Baby Saz.

No more shopping for a while! I have too many bottles and must clear out some space!

Apropos the recent Weller 12 discussion, it's findable in MA right now, but at no less than $34 a bottle, usually on the shelf for $35. I have only one bottle of it, which is currently open.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    Is that like 1/2 price? Wow! Any reason it was on sale? You did well my friend!
    i dont know if it was clearance or a mistake, i didnt ask, and didnt want to know. I figured it was either A: a mistake and shouldve been 29.99, since the 100 proof KC was on sale for $28.........or B: was being discontinued.

either way, I figured I would take every one they had and leave quickly. 5 of 'em and a bottle of vodka for an upcoming limoncello brew, out the door, for a hair over $100. I'll check back tomorrow and see if there is more!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    Ok, rub it in. I can't find either in the Indy area. I would like to try the 18 but would settle for either.
    If I ever meet up with you at an Indy meet, you can try some of mine. A couple of years ago, long before I was ever interested in bourbon, I got a bottle of EC18 as a Christmas Gift from a friend. Back then I was only interested in Jack Daniel's, so I stuck it in the back of one of the kitchen cabinets and forgot about it. Now that I'm into bourbon, I'm thrilled to have it. It's still sealed and I've been saving it for a special occasion. I'll bring it with me when I finally make it to one of these SB social events and you can have some.