Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Novice

Hello from Durham

Greetings Gentlemen (and Ladies?),

I have been content lurking the forums for several months now, but at the urging of my buddy Danger, I've decided to finally join in on the fun.

I began exploring bourbon about four years ago after deciding that there must be more to whiskey than what Gentleman Jack had to offer. Many a Maker's and Coke later, I started to slowly branch out. Befriending a handful of bourbon enthusiasts opened my eyes to what I was missing, and today I'm completely hooked. I now enjoy congregating with the handful of gentleman that constitute our local whiskey appreciation club to share our latest finds and bemoan the infuriatingly monopolistic NC ABC system.

Thanks for having me!

Guru

Re: Hello from Durham

Welcome aboard Swan, think of us as an extended group of appreciators. Drop by the chat room sometime, the icon is on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

Taster

Glad you're on board. Now I can flame you in person AND the internet.

Virtuoso

Hello and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Hello from Durham

Quote Originally Posted by Swan View Post
    Greetings Gentlemen (and Ladies?),

I have been content lurking the forums for several months now, but at the urging of my buddy Danger, I've decided to finally join in on the fun.

I began exploring bourbon about four years ago after deciding that there must be more to whiskey than what Gentleman Jack had to offer. Many a Maker's and Coke later, I started to slowly branch out. Befriending a handful of bourbon enthusiasts opened my eyes to what I was missing, and today I'm completely hooked. I now enjoy congregating with the handful of gentleman that constitute our local whiskey appreciation club to share our latest finds and bemoan the infuriatingly monopolistic NC ABC system.

Thanks for having me!
    Welcome! I'm in Durham too...my bunker is always open to fellow enthusiasts.

Enthusiast

Welcome and enjoy yourself here.

Enthusiast

We're from the St. Louis area, but my wife is a computer guru and is working on an assignment at Duke University for the next month or two. I might find my way down there in the near future. Might have to look you up!

Connoisseur

Welcome to SB! The Triangle ranks are growing. Suggestion... Go buy a lot of whiskey and invite us over to help you drink it.

Novice

Do you guys in the Durham / Chapel Hill area ever venture over to Crunkleton on W. Franklin St in CH? Gary Crunkleton (obviously, name sake and proprietor of the bar) was my early education in brown liquor and has the best stocked bar I know of. I lament graduating for a number of reasons (read: the girls) including the loss of that bar.

Hello from Durham

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreRound View Post
    Do you guys in the Durham / Chapel Hill area ever venture over to Crunkleton on W. Franklin St in CH? Gary Crunkleton (obviously, name sake and proprietor of the bar) was my early education in brown liquor and has the best stocked bar I know of. I lament graduating for a number of reasons (read: the girls) including the loss of that bar.
    I have been to The Crunkleton a few times and have not been that impressed. The prices are high and the selection and drink quality are better at Whiskey in Durham in my opinion.