Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What whiskey have you bunkered the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I think this is really what got me putting things away this past year. We're buying a new house, thinking about having a kid. I'm never going to have fewer financial responsibilities than I do today, so why not pickup the best stuff I can and know that I can always pull out a special or old (or old and special) bottle whenever I want?

Of course, a house and some kids probably won't keep me out of the whiskey aisle. Might even send me there more often
    I did this with wine right around the time my girl was born.

She's 13 now, and I just drank the last good bottle of Bordeaux last December.

I doubt I will be buying much more of it anytime soon.

Advanced Taster

Have five WTR 101, and seven 750's and three 1.75 of OWA (based on last year's "scare").

Given my O.C.D., I HAVE to have at least 2 of every bottle I like....that way I never open the "last" bottle of something.
    Rye whiskey makes the sun set faster.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by miller542 View Post
    Surprised no one else has mentioned this one yet: Evan Williams Single Barrel.

Ok, technically, I only have one from each year, but its 9 bottles total 1994-2002.

I've had bottles of EWSB prior to the 1994, back when it was packaged with a nice rocks glass, but that was before I started to bunker, man I wish I still had some older year's bottlings and not just the rocks glass!
    I too am a fan, but since I just got into this hobby, I'm late to the game. I have the EWSB 96, 97, 98, 00, 01, 02.
    i also bunker BTAC; THH x 4, GTS x 4, WLW x 1, ER17 x 2, Saz18 x 1 (1 open on the bar of each). Would love to bunker Pappy but that is hard to do.

Virtuoso

I'm not big into the whole "bunkering" thing. However, I do have one bottle stashed away of Knob Creek Single Barrel. It has some sentimental value as I helped choose the barrel. Also, I have two bottles each of Weller 12 and 2003 Evan Williams Single Barrel (both bottles from barrel #21). That's the extent of my "bunker".

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    I'm not big into the whole "bunkering" thing. However, I do have one bottle stashed away of Knob Creek Single Barrel. It has some sentimental value as I helped choose the barrel. Also, I have two bottles each of Weller 12 and 2003 Evan Williams Single Barrel (both bottles from barrel #21). That's the extent of my "bunker".
    Don't feel bad. At the moment my "bunker" consists of a bottle of Willett Rye. I think I have about 20 open bottles, if you count only rye and bourbon.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Virtuoso

At the moment.... nothing. I've drank what I had down, and I only have a bottle or two on hand these days. I can't justify tying up that much money anymore. If I get a hankering for something, I just go get a bottle, drink it, then get another as the need arises.

Guru

I would have to say (in answer to the thread's question) W. L. Weller Centennial, I think I have a couple of dozen of them.
    ovh

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by miller542 View Post
    Surprised no one else has mentioned this one yet: Evan Williams Single Barrel.

Ok, technically, I only have one from each year, but its 9 bottles total 1994-2002.

I've had bottles of EWSB prior to the 1994, back when it was packaged with a nice rocks glass, but that was before I started to bunker, man I wish I still had some older year's bottlings and not just the rocks glass!
    It's funny I have all the years from 1986 - 1995 including 4x - 1986 and 2x - 1987 and 1x the rest. I didn't really save them on purpose but ran across them over the last year. I haven't actually tried these older ones but decided to save them for gatherings in the future. Since 1996 on, I have gotten each year and drank them but not bunkered any.

Taster

I have the most bottles of what I like best: GTS.

Connoisseur

While I have a good stock of BTAC, CEHT Tornado is the one bottle I have the most of. Since that one isn't coming back around again and my wife loves it as well, I bought a case of it.