Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

What beer are you drinking, Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Glad to see that West 6th making its way around!
    I agree. Just wish they had followed the iPa up with something more interesting than an amber. They went against the typical brewery playbook with the canned iPa and then straight back to it with an amber. I wonder what is next.

On a side note, newest shelton brothers shipment arrived after I left tonight. Can't wait to try Struise Black Albert and a couple of barrel aged Mikkeller collabs.

Disciple

Re: What beer are you drinking, Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    I agree. Just wish they had followed the iPa up with something more interesting than an amber. They went against the typical brewery playbook with the canned iPa and then straight back to it with an amber. I wonder what is next.

On a side note, newest shelton brothers shipment arrived after I left tonight. Can't wait to try Struise Black Albert and a couple of barrel aged Mikkeller collabs.
    As far as I know West 6 is still only distributed in KY...I brought these back from the sampler.
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Enthusiast

Ballast Point Big Eye IPA. Very crisp and refreshing on a beautiful Chicago day. I could drink this all summer and I plan on it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Oscar -- do you drink much Short's product? I envy you your ready access to it!
    Is it not available in the Chicago area?
    I got a 6pak of Huma Lupa Lupalicious and it was a bit much for me, I had to eat something with it.
    It is definatley flavorful, it hangs in your mouth for a very long time.
    I think I'll try their Pandemonium Pale Ale next time I see it, never had it.
    ovh

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Is it not available in the Chicago area?
    I got a 6pak of Huma Lupa Lupalicious and it was a bit much for me, I had to eat something with it.
    It is definatley flavorful, it hangs in your mouth for a very long time.
    I think I'll try their Pandemonium Pale Ale next time I see it, never had it.
    Nope -- definitely no Short's in Chicago. The company's website says it's distributed in Michigan only.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

What beer are you drinking, Spring 2013

I was able to try two very good barrel aged beers last night.

The first was 70k from Against the Grain. This is a 13.1% milk stout aged in angels envy barrels. Very very tasty, not the bourbon bomb that Bo & Luke is.

Also drank a bottle of ToOl/omnipollo Brewmance. A stout made with wild honey and aged in bourbon barrels. It was much more subtle on the bourbon notes but they were still present and forward.

Virtuoso

Right now, I'm sipping on a Stone​ Levitation Ale.

Virtuoso

I'm drinking a Closure IPA from MI's own Greenbush brewery. This is a very solid IPA, perfect for a warm afternoon. The malt is light bodied but medium portioned (if that makes sense) and the hops are fresh and nuanced. Greenbush is doing a great job in a beautiful location. I hope to make it out there at some point this summer.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

Flying Dog Underdog Atlantic lager. I tasted dusted cocoa and cherry notes the first time I had it, which was on a dare, basically, because neither my wife nor I enjoy lagers. I talked to the distiller later and found it was made with about 45% rye and some wheat, along with barley. No wonder I liked it!!! I've never heard of any beer with that much rye, much less an easy drinking lager! They said it was hell and a half to brew, due to the stickiness and filtering issues. Thank goodness they've persevered

Enthusiast

Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster IIPA. I prefer the Alchemy Hour to this one, but still a nice drink on a beautiful Chicago day.