Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Guru

Brooklyn Brine Co.

Found a bit of an oddity while grocery shopping today, Brooklyn Brine Co. Whiskey Sour Pickles. Apparently they're made with McKenzie Rye and they are some spicy muthas. Delicious though. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe Mr. McKenzie can share some knowledge about this product.

Brooklyn Brine Co.

I think they pickle in the mckenzie barrels, My personal favorites are the pickled beets. Oddly enough, Sunday Morning just had a story about the company.

Enthusiast

Re: Brooklyn Brine Co.

I saw the Sunday morning show and thought I might order some of these. They sound good to me.

Connoisseur

Yep, good hard working folks, and it is paying off for them. in the whiskey sour pickles they use a lot of our white rye that we only sell at the distillery in them. They have started one with our bourbon too I think,and they use our barrels to pickle in. Nice to see somebody actually wanting to work hard and make something out of a company. That is rare in this country now. Most are happy on the dole.

Guru

Thanks for chiming in. Not sure I got a big rye flavor out of them, I'd have to try the distllate one day, but there did seem to be a pretty good oak and smoke quality. They really are quite good though, so I guess you guys are both doing something right. Cheers to the both of ya!

Guru

Sufficiently recommend to put them on my list.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Thanks for chiming in. Not sure I got a big rye flavor out of them, I'd have to try the distllate one day, but there did seem to be a pretty good oak and smoke quality. They really are quite good though, so I guess you guys are both doing something right. Cheers to the both of ya!
    I love white dog, but try white dog has a taste all its on. I cannot drink the stuff, it really needs a barrel. The use the whitedog, but that spicy taste of rye whitedog works with those pickles.

Advanced Taster

I'm pretty sure I saw these at Whole Foods. I love good pickles and will be sure to pick some up and report back.

Virtuoso

Brooklyn Brine Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&Bourbon View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw these at Whole Foods. I love good pickles and will be sure to pick some up and report back.
    They stock a few of the flavors at Whole Foods in KY, the hop pickle type was awesome. Just a great bite to the pickle in both texture and flavor.

I had less luck with the maple bourbon bread and butter. The brine devoured the pickles. Was a bit of a mess and no crunch left. Will give another shot this fall as I'm hopeful it was just a bad batch.