Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

What Did You Pass Up Today? Spring '13

I passed up a PVW15 for $200 and a PVW20 for $300 while traveling through GA today. I just had to laugh to myself at those prices.

Virtuoso

Passed on three Weller Special Reserve with 7 year age stated. Should this be pick up? ~$low twenty

Guru

Re: What Did You Pass Up Today? Spring '13

Yes, if they fall within your tastes preference now would be the time to get them because they ain't making the 7 year any more.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Yes, if they fall within your tastes preference now would be the time to get them because they ain't making the 7 year any more.
    Thanks for the insight. I can't drink OWA at all (tried two pours six month in between) but kind of like Weller 12. Should have pick one up to try.

Thanks
    Hugh

Enthusiast

Passed on 3 bottles of 4R 2013 LESB @ $73 per. Seemed like an OK price, but still did not jump.

Guru

Passed on a Handy priced at a pretty ridiculous $135 today. Tried to talk some sense but it was just a clerk and the manager wasn't in on a holiday I suppose. Not sure it would have mattered.

Not bourbon but I also saw a bottle of the Pike's Creek port finished Canadian whisky for the first time and was tempted. But it will be at a whiskey tasting next week so I will hold off until then I think. Also saw Kinnickinnic whiskey from Great lakes Distillery. It is listed as a "blended" whiskey but claims no GNS is used. Didn't know much about it and suspect it is pretty young but it will likely be at the same tasting so another one I can wait on. Don't think it will be flying off the shelf...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Virtuoso

Skipped on a EWSB 2002 and left some OGD114. I have some of both at home now.

Last week I skipped WTKS on sale for $39.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Passed on a Handy priced at a pretty ridiculous $135 today. Tried to talk some sense but it was just a clerk and the manager wasn't in on a holiday I suppose. Not sure it would have mattered.
    In oak Grove? Those guys have been sitting on that bottle for months, act like its gold. Same guys offered to get me a bottle of lot b for 125.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post

Not bourbon but I also saw a bottle of the Pike's Creek port finished Canadian whisky for the first time and was tempted. But it will be at a whiskey tasting next week so I will hold off until then I think. Also saw Kinnickinnic whiskey from Great lakes Distillery. It is listed as a "blended" whiskey but claims no GNS is used. Didn't know much about it and suspect it is pretty young but it will likely be at the same tasting so another one I can wait on. Don't think it will be flying off the shelf...
    I've had the Kinnickinnic whiskey on several occasions (the distillery is just a few minutes from me) and it's not something I'd bother to pick up off the shelf. Not that it's entirely bad, but it does taste young and there are many better bottles for the money.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by atfree View Post
    I passed up a PVW15 for $200 and a PVW20 for $300 while traveling through GA today. I just had to laugh to myself at those prices.
    theres not a bourbon on the planet worth these prices....to me at least