Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Disciple

Re: What bourbon do you take with you?

I have a six bottle carrier that I take with me wherever I go. Whether that's to my parents house within the neighborhood for dinner, or across the state for a few days to visit family. As a matter of fact, I'm going across the state to visit family this evening.

In my six bottle carrier there's:

2 Willett SBs
    2 OWA SBs
    1 OGD114
    1 2012 GTS

Enthusiast

I travel with VOB BIB ... I always have a 200 mL bottle of VOB BIB in my car trunk, my leather travel bag and my office desk drawer ... I pick up the small plastic 200 ml VOB BIB bottles when I go to KY (at $3.00 a bottle) ... and just refill them from my handle. They are by far the best flasks I've ever owned. This is my everyday pour ... I just feel comfortable with it ...
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Virtuoso

What bourbon do you take with you?

All my previous vacations, either the many cruises or oversea, I had brought along my trusted bottles of PVW15. Unfortunately, I've burned through them so fast this way. One time I brought along a GTS with the PVW15.

My next vacation, I'm planning to bring a PHC and probably a LotB.

The problem is most places don't have any premium wheated bourbon. I end up drinking Scotch or Martini as substitute.

Cheers
    Hugh

Guru

What bourbon do you take with you?

Brought flasks of Glendronach 15 PX & OGD114 along for week-long boat ride.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

I like the idea that a few of you have had of bringing three or so bourbons. I'll obviously bring my daily pour, something a little more upscale like EW BIB, and maybe OGD BIB in case I have the taste for a bit more rye flavor.
    Pete

I hate scotch.

Advanced Taster

The last time I traveled to a friend's house, I brought EWBIB. I would probably bring another BIB bourbon next time as well. Good for sipping or for mixing, as most of my friends are inclined to do.

Connoisseur

If I'm visiting a friend who hasn't been annointed with proper Bourbon choices, I'll bring a selection of mellow (Basil H), robust (Noah's M or the new Elijah Craig Barrel Proof), and a wheater like Old Fitz. If it's just for me; Noah's Mill, probably.... It's hard to find in Michigan.

Connoisseur

I tend to not bring anything with me, thus forcing me to go to the local liquor stores and browse their selections in hopes of finding something nice while I'm on vacation / a trip. Worse case scenario, I have to buy another Weller 12, ETL, or 4RSB if I don't find something different. Either way, the wife is down for it because we didn't bring any bourbon with us.

Enthusiast

Petrel, I like your strategy. If I ever get married, I'll have to remember that.
    Pete

I hate scotch.

Connoisseur

OOOOOOH, Petrel, I like your clever use of forethought. I'll have to remember that one. Even if I do bring something, I'll be sure not to let that cat outta the bag prematurely!