Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Enthusiast

Re: Rittenhouse rye BIB

On the back porch with a pour of the Ritt and a nice full bodied cigar. I'm hard pressed to name
    a Rye I like better, especially at this price. Just outstanding with a stronger cigar.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherCigarGuy View Post
    On the back porch with a pour of the Ritt and a nice full bodied cigar. I'm hard pressed to name
    a Rye I like better, especially at this price. Just outstanding with a stronger cigar.
    Amen to all of that. Going to pick up a bottle tomorrow. I never keep one in the bunker since it is so readily available.

Enthusiast

Hard to believe it's 50ABV. No burn at all! Compared to a OGD BIB,which I like, NO comparison.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    DSP 1 is finally in Columbia. My personal opinion is that I'm glad I have about a case of 354 in the old bunker. Tomorrow I'm going to check the 3 other stores that carry Ritt BIB to see if there is any 354 left. 10 times out of 10 in blind tastings I could pick them out correctly. I'm just not sold. It has a hint if the sweet wild yeast funky taste that I'm not crazy about. Oh we'll, I'm good for a couple of months.... jMHO
    I'm with you. Did a SBS with DSP 1 and 354. Strong family resemblance but ended up saying, "What happened to my Ritt?" The 354 has a lot of honey that carries right through the finish; great mouth feel; pleasant spice; better nose. The DSP 1 seemed more complex and more intense. More cloves and some dark chocolate. But it seemed a little rough around the edges. Finish is important to me and the old Ritt was superior. On an intellectual level, I can make a case for liking DSP 1 but 354 is/was just a more pleasant pour. Unfortunately, I'm not "good for a couple of months." Down to just a couple pours of 354.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.