A forum lurker for a year, a forum poster for 3~ish months, not quite new, but I never posted here.

Thought I'd shout out to PacNW people and let you know there's one more of us.

While I don't feel I've missed out (much) on enjoyment of bourbon and whisky with product availability in the Seattle market, I do feel that we are challenged to access of limited production stuff due to geography. The nearest major metropolitan area (Portland) is 175 miles away, and is also the closest state border. Once you've seen four liquor stores (Total, BevMo, Wine World, Clearview Spirits), you've exhausted every possible avenue for limited production spirits. And only one of these stores actually stocks limited production bottles for the public. The rest maintain an unofficial policy to hide the limited stuff in the back and distribute to "friends and family", of which I have tried (unsuccessfully) to be included in ever since Washington State got out of the liquor business in June 2012.

I imagine that others, especially on the east coast, benefit from a higher population density and closer state lines for exploration and discovery. Even in state controlled systems, I imagine the distribution channels are larger and demand more product, thus increasing the chances of a "find".

Favorites:
Weller 12
RHF
OF BB series (3 different years, all great in different ways)
WLW (only been able to try once at a bar, but the memory has lasted)
PVW15 (again only at a bar, but this was so good I spent an hour drinking 2oz in hopes that it would never run out, then smelled the empty glass for 30 minutes after)

Still trying to understand/appreciate:
4R anything
OGD (can only get the BiB here though, no 114)