Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

WLW Antique 107 v RHF

Ok. So I've had a few. But...

heres the thing. Been a fan of RHF for awhile now. Just bought a bottle of Weller Antique 107 for an upcoming camping trip and took a few swigs.

Personally I find them pretty similar. And given the price difference and how much I like RHF I think this 107 is going to be a permanent addition to the shelf along with the 12 yr. even if its not the same when I'm sober just me thinking of it in this light at all means (at least to me) that for all intents and purposes I've found my bargain brand.

Anyone else notice a possible correlation (I know the mashbills are different) or are my tastebuds screwy?

Re: WLW Antique 107 v RHF

Wow does this ill advised thread look stupid the next day. Sorry y'all nothing to see here....

Connoisseur

Not sure why you are recanting B.

I'd say I've definitely enjoyed myself more often with OWA than RHF. When you take price into account the old weller is a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns
    They should sell Pappy by the gallon, everyone buys the whole shelf anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by WAINWRIGHT
    I'm wearing a kilt right now...
    I feel like the fat Britney
    P_Elliots word of the day: odacity, coaqulate, preflent

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Bootlegger1929 View Post
    Ok. So I've had a few. But...

heres the thing. Been a fan of RHF for awhile now. Just bought a bottle of Weller Antique 107 for an upcoming camping trip and took a few swigs.

Personally I find them pretty similar. And given the price difference and how much I like RHF I think this 107 is going to be a permanent addition to the shelf along with the 12 yr. even if its not the same when I'm sober just me thinking of it in this light at all means (at least to me) that for all intents and purposes I've found my bargain brand.

Anyone else notice a possible correlation (I know the mashbills are different) or are my tastebuds screwy?
    Hemingway too crafted gloriously long sentences. Why express in 10 words that which can be 55?
    Ditto for what others say about OWA 107. "Value" is subjective, but I'm still trying to find a better one anywhere.
    Mark
    "...that we here highly resolve that these empty bottles shall not have been drunk in vain..."

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Bootlegger1929 View Post
    Wow does this ill advised thread look stupid the next day. Sorry y'all nothing to see here....

Late night drunk posting about the greatness of OWA is a rite of passage around here.
    Rye whiskey makes the sun set faster.

I think I found my next bourbon to try lol.

Enthusiast

WLW Antique 107 v RHF

Maybe you should try an OWA RHF vatting.

Yeah I think a vatting may be in order. I do know I need more WLW in my life. Antique 107, BTAC, and 12 yr all included.

Guru

I like them both with a nod toward RHF. Comparing price though there's no contest.