Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Disciple

Re: Nick names for bourbons

I have heard "Kickin' Chicken" before, but I always thought it meant Fighting Cock until I opened this thread.

Connoisseur

Where does the term "boiler maker" come from?
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Guru

Boiler makers are guys who work in the metal fabricating industry and go to the local bar after work for a beer and a shot.

Guru

My friends and I call OGD BIB "Andy" because our friend looks just like the guy on the label.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon Boiler View Post
    I have heard "Kickin' Chicken" before, but I always thought it meant Fighting Cock until I opened this thread.
    Me too. That's what we call FC all the time. Now, my brother always called WT101 "brain burglar" because he could never remember the night before when he woke up in the morning.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

I seem to recall calling Jack Daniels "Uncle Jack"...maybe too much of an inferred relationship with the booze.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Alden View Post
    That is interesting.

Hair brush out lasted him.
    Was driving his truck 2 years after he died. Grabbed it to brush my hair, handle broke. All that whiskey finally took it's toll. I almost cried.

Advanced Taster

Maybe I'm already becoming a bourbon snob, but when i go to a bar, and the only choices they have ar: JB, JB, and MM, and the bartender asks what I want, I tend to use the same name for them all: "No Thank You"
    Well, how can it not be McCormick's, the $7 well bourbon of the finest dive bars? Tastes like kerosene and sadness.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Borchard View Post
    Maybe I'm already becoming a bourbon snob, but when i go to a bar, and the only choices they have ar: JB, JB, and MM, and the bartender asks what I want, I tend to use the same name for them all: "No Thank You"
    I say, "I think I'll just have a beer."
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Bourbon Nicknames

I work in a liquor store, and customers often have the strangest nicknames for products. I'm interested in hearing some of the nicknames from other regions of the country if people would be so kind as to post. The most common one around here would have to be 100 pound grand dad.