Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Apprentice

Re: Cheap (free) flasks

I went on a trip, brought a couple of flasks. The nicer one was filled with cask strength corn from Balcones. Probably still made in China, but higher quality flask than the second. The cheap flask was purchased at Academy (a sporting goods store that covers much of the South) and filled with Vodka. I washed it with PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash) then soap, using hot water, many times and hot rinse. When I went to pour it the vodka (about three weeks later) it was grey. Academy did not approve my comment for the product review on their website, buyer beware.
    Now I'm going to make you watch my vacation pictures...

There you go, True Blue with two continents in the same picture. The "Blue Mosque" in the background. Didn't bother with a photo of the grey vodka.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    I went on a trip, brought a couple of flasks. The nicer one was filled with cask strength corn from Balcones. Probably still made in China, but higher quality flask than the second. The cheap flask was purchased at Academy (a sporting goods store that covers much of the South) and filled with Vodka. I washed it with PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash) then soap, using hot water, many times and hot rinse. When I went to pour it the vodka (about three weeks later) it was grey. Academy did not approve my comment for the product review on their website, buyer beware.
    Now I'm going to make you watch my vacation pictures...

There you go, True Blue with two continents in the same picture. The "Blue Mosque" in the background. Didn't bother with a photo of the grey vodka.
    Lovely picture - Turkey is near the top of my list of places to experience!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Lovely picture - Turkey is near the top of my list of places to experience!
    It ain't no Bourbon Trail as far as drink goes, but THE FOOD is what it's all about! I know I'll gain 10+ lbs there and enjoy every minute of it! Many cool places to see, and very friendly locals. Efes beer is non-offensive. Raki was a new experience, served with fish and a souvineer to take back unless someone in the know points out a good bottle of wine.
    The flask was filled from a gifted bottle of TB 10-5 for the record.

Guru

I would imagine all the walking would help a little with the ballooning waistline but I can imagine how good the food is there! Well done sir.

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Taster

At the Taipei Zoo there are these groovy 400 ml curved plastic flasks with removable belt clips that contain water. Well of course I had to buy 2! First I have to remove that nasty old water

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vadertime View Post
    At the Taipei Zoo there are these groovy 400 ml curved plastic flasks with removable belt clips that contain water. Well of course I had to buy 2! First I have to remove that nasty old water
    Make sure you wear your arm sleeves and colored face-covering visors... Sun's gonna get ya

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Make sure you wear your arm sleeves and colored face-covering visors... Sun's gonna get ya
    Hot tip: Its best to get there between 8-10 AM, that way there are less folks. Then take the tram to the back (uphill) then leisurely walk downhill with the sun at your back in the morning. By noonish when it starts to get crowded, you will have seen most of the interesting stuff.

I have done this many times and it has yet to fail me!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Pretty clever. I've never used the seal-a-meal i got awhile back. Gonna give this a try. I even have a jacket with a hidden money pocket....
    I gave it a try and it works quite well....
    IMG_0526.JPG