Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My First Fatty

Guru

Re: My First Fatty

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    That is not at all what I thought you were going to be rolling with this thread title -
    I heard that my Brother from another Mother!
    ovh

Advanced Taster

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatties.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	16743
    These were my first two fatties smoked on my modified ECB. I made them over Memorial Day Weekend, but just found this post now. Maybe I will make a couple more soon because they so look good. I remember sipping some OF Signature while watching that smoker too. Beautiful weekend.

Bottom Fattie (AKA The Classic) was sausage, crispy bacon, BBQ sauce and my rub all wrapped in a nice bacon weave.

Top Fattie was Sage Sausage, sliced apples, ham and gruyere cheese rolled up in a bacon weave. Got a bit over stuffed and I had to run to the store for butcher's twine! Looks aren't everything.

After this photo I finished them off under the broiler just for a bit to crisp up the bacon . Both were very tasty.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rndenks View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatties.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	16743
    These were my first two fatties smoked on my modified ECB. I made them over Memorial Day Weekend, but just found this post now. Maybe I will make a couple more soon because they so look good. I remember sipping some OF Signature while watching that smoker too. Beautiful weekend.

Bottom Fattie (AKA The Classic) was sausage, crispy bacon, BBQ sauce and my rub all wrapped in a nice bacon weave.

Top Fattie was Sage Sausage, sliced apples, ham and gruyere cheese rolled up in a bacon weave. Got a bit over stuffed and I had to run to the store for butcher's twine! Looks aren't everything.

After this photo I finished them off under the broiler just for a bit to crisp up the bacon . Both were very tasty.
    Nice job, man. Those look amazingly good! I keep meaning to try one myself but have never gotten around to it. Now I feel inspired to give it a whirl and see how it turns out.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

Looks delicious. I hope you don't mind if I attempt to recreate this dish sometime over bourbon!
    I love cooking new things.

Also amusing are all the Cannabis references in this thread. Maow. Really? XD

Virtuoso

A year later and this title still cracks me up. Glad I didn't accidentally go and mature or anything.