Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Novice

Hello from the U.K

Hi im new to straight bourbon I'm from the U.K and have finally stopped trying to like scotch whisky and accepted what I always suspected that I prefer bourbon. Just trying to find which bourbons I prefer now .

Connoisseur

Re: Hello from the U.K

Quote Originally Posted by Flee View Post
    Hi im new to straight bourbon I'm from the U.K and have finally stopped trying to like scotch whisky and accepted what I always suspected that I prefer bourbon. Just trying to find which bourbons I prefer now .
    Join the club. Oh sorry, you already have.

Welcome! What bourbons are commonly available over there?
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Guru

Good morning Flee, welcome aboard. Which brands have you enjoyed before now?

Guru

Welcome to SB. Yorkshire? The land of great beer and even greater hospitality! So, what's available to you these days? The bourbon market in the UK has really expanded in the last few years, so your selection should be quite decent. Get yourself some Elijah Craig 12 and enjoy!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Welcome Flee!

bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Novice

The internet is my bourbon shopping friend here. Ive recently managed to get some weller 12 , four roses single barrel and eagle 10.
    Ive also tried kc , old fitz 12 and am on the hunt for some ryes to try. Yes it seems that bourbon is on the rise here there is even a biurbon bar in my nearest city which will be good to try the higher end stuff even thiugh I could buy a bottle for the price of some of their shots!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Flee View Post
    The internet is my bourbon shopping friend here. Ive recently managed to get some weller 12 , four roses single barrel and eagle 10.
    Ive also tried kc , old fitz 12 and am on the hunt for some ryes to try. Yes it seems that bourbon is on the rise here there is even a biurbon bar in my nearest city which will be good to try the higher end stuff even thiugh I could buy a bottle for the price of some of their shots!
    You have already sampled some of the best.

Look for Wild Turkey 101, Wild Turkey Rye 101, George Dickel 12, George Dickel Rye, and Old Grand Dad 114.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Novice

The only ogd I can get is the standard 43 percent I have found one place that sells george dickel so I think I will make it my next order especially since they have 4rsb as well and I appear to be running low!

Connoisseur

Hey, It's nice to find some of you folks 'over the water' have good taste! WELCOME from Southeast Michigan in the good ole USA. We in the States do have a wide selection of Bourbons from which to choose. Do you prefer mellow; spicy; full-flavored; sweet; something with bite; something with mucho-gusto????? Many of us have experience with a wide range and can give you some recommendations, I'm sure.

Novice

It seems to depend on the day what I feel like drinking. Last night I had a pour of weller 12 that hit the spot but last weekend I much prefered kc and 4rsb. I have just located some wild turkey rye 101 to try this weekend so looking forward to that.