Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Novice

Re: Hello from the U.K

It seems to depend on the day what I feel like drinking. Last night I had a pour of weller 12 that hit the spot but last weekend I much prefered kc and 4rsb. I have just located some wild turkey rye 101 to try this weekend so looking forward to that.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Flee View Post
    It seems to depend on the day what I feel like drinking. Last night I had a pour of weller 12 that hit the spot but last weekend I much prefered kc and 4rsb. I have just located some wild turkey rye 101 to try this weekend so looking forward to that.
    Let us know how you like that one. Everyone seems agree that it is a fine rye.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Connoisseur

Hey Flee; I too, have a somewhat variable preference. From one day to the next, I might love one then prefer a totally different style altogether. Some I will always find enjoyable are: George T. Stagg (hard to get, tho); Old Weller Antique 107; Old Forester Signature; and Four Roses SB (some variability on this, being a SB; but always nice); Old Grand Dad BIB... to name a few. The fun is in trying and finding all of them satisfying, at least on occasion, eh!

Advanced Taster

Welcome Flee. It seems that most people here feel there is no bad bourbon, just better bourbons. Its nice to have a few go to's.

Taster

Welcome to SB Flee! We are glad to have you.
    Richard

Novice

Thanks for the warm welcome. My wild turkey rye 101 arrived today and all I can say is I can't believe they stopped making this.

Advanced Taster

I was in the UK (Glasgow) two weeks ago and shelves were still stocked with 101. It might still be an active product internationally.
    trying to walk a straight line,
    on sour mash and cheap wine

Connoisseur

Flee: I don't believe the Turkey has ceased production of 101. Maybe a localized issue?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    Flee: I don't believe the Turkey has ceased production of 101. Maybe a localized issue?
    They are still making it.

They also make an 81 proof (watered down 101) and there was a rumor that they were stopping the production of the higher proof for a while.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Connoisseur

Or not. It still seems to be up in the air.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...367#post336367