Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Connoisseur

How to figure out who distributes in your area

Hey all,

So I called my local Total Wine in hopes of requesting VOB and Elmer T Lee. The lady I spoke with told me to figure out who distributes them, and they'd take if from there. Seems like an easier job for them than me, but whatever, challenge accepted.

I did a few Google searches without any luck, and would appreciate any assistance.

I'm in the Phoenix/Glendale area in AZ.

Disciple

How to figure out who distributes in your area

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    Hey all,

So I called my local Total Wine in hopes of requesting VOB and Elmer T Lee. The lady I spoke with told me to figure out who distributes them, and they'd take if from there. Seems like an easier job for them than me, but whatever, challenge accepted.

I did a few Google searches without any luck, and would appreciate any assistance.

Tell them: it's whoever distributes Buffalo Trace.
    Jim

Connoisseur

Re: How to figure out who distributes in your area

It's probably Southern Spirits and Wine, but I'm guessing VOB has a restricted distribution area.
    Last edited by MauiSon; 04-12-2013 at 16:44.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MauiSon View Post
    It's probably Southern Spirits and Wine, but I'm guessing VOB has a restricted distribution area.
    VOB may not be available in every state but whomever distributes sazarac brands for the state will have it.
    Bourbon only requires a glass.

Guru

For my fellow Michiganders: http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,...173---,00.html

Look at the Price Book Index, then the Price book and also check the ADA changes document. Hey look, Templeton is now distributed by NWS and no longer distributed by General.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    Hey all,

Don't you just love good customer service. after you get VOB stocked be sure to go to her and ask if she'd mind you checking yourself as well.
    Mark

Disciple

What an awful answer. Whenever dealing with a retailer, ask to speak to the actual buyer, who should know the answers to your questions. If you're not talking to the buyer, you're setting yourself up for confusion.

And for Arizona, it may be Young's Market, but I'm not sure. You could also call Sazerac and ask who distributes them in Arizona.

For my fellow Wisconsinites:

Badger Liquor/Frank: Sazerac, HH and Beam. (Let me say that when it comes to on-premise, you'd think they only sell Beam.)

Wirtz: B-F.

General Beverage: WT and FR.

Capital-Husting/Allstate: Diageo.

Disciple

Not Southern for Sazerac in Arizona. http://www.southernwine.com/OfficesN...4/Default.aspx

You can check other states that Southern handles and what they distribute there too.

Sazerac also owns a distributor, Gemini Spirtis & Wine which distributes Glenfarclas, Del Maguey and Forty Creek to name a few http://www.geminispiritswine.com/about.asp
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Enthusiast

I believe most of Sazerac's business in AZ is conducted through Young's Market Co., which recently entered into an agreement with RNDC to merge. VOB is not available in Arizona...and I don't recall ever seeing Elmer there, either.

And, not to burst your bubble, but I'm betting that you won't get too far by calling them. Most distributors (especially the big ones like Young's, Southern, RNDC, etc) don't like getting calls from consumers. As they legally cannot sell to individuals, they don't see them as a 'customer'; hence, there's no inclination for them to provide any semblance of customer service. You're better off taking to the owner/buyer of a well-established retailer.
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Novice

White Dog mentioned Wirtz, they distribute here in MN (they're actually about a mile from my house). I emailed them a couple of months ago regarding a rum that I was after. After about 2 weeks I got an email back with a spreadsheet/report from their database that had rums listed by brand and liquor store within the Twin Cities. Some phone calls later and I had it. It was worth the wait, I initially thought I'd fallen into the Black Hole.