Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Elija Craig 12... what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Grain Belt View Post
    Just got a fun email from Heaven Hill. They are sending out free stick-on labels for EC12 if you are a part of the Bardstown Whiskey Society. They fit right over the existing label of your bottle of EC12 and they allow you to have three lines of custom print. I put "2013 Deer Season, For the Enjoyment of, B. Gross" I hunt with my uncle Bernie, my dad Bruce, and I am Brett. We all enjoy EC12 very much. I sent a 1.75 of it to my dad for his birthday. I can't wait to be telling tall tales at our deer shack during opener and then pull out the custom label bottle after our first day out. This extra effort by Heaven Hill makes me feel really good about sending my money their way.
    Just curious.... I too, am a deer hunter (with my son-in-law). Where do you hunt??? We hunt in Montmorency County, Michigan.

I hunt deer in two locations in Minnesota. One is deep woods hunting in northeastern St. Louis County about 15 miles from the Canadian border. The other is in the corn/soybean belt of Southwestern Minnesota in Jackson county, about 40 miles from the Iowa border.

Elija Craig 12... what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Alden View Post
    So, I've been reading here, and elsewhere, about this one, and it's intriguing. Sounds very good.

What is your opinion of the current bottling of the 12 y.o.?
    Love EC12. In my opinion, the best quality/dollar in the bourbon world, and better than many that are twice the price.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Grain Belt View Post
    I hunt deer in two locations in Minnesota. One is deep woods hunting in northeastern St. Louis County about 15 miles from the Canadian border. The other is in the corn/soybean belt of Southwestern Minnesota in Jackson county, about 40 miles from the Iowa border.
    The deep woods is always my FAV! I like the solitude and the opportunity to use one of my rifles rather than the shotgun limitation imposed in Michigan farm country. Smaller antlers in the woods, but a more satisfying experience. In either case the 'afterglow' of some wonderful camp nights is fabulous either way, right? Especially if somebody has a cause to celebrate... always with some fine bourbon at our camps! GOOD LUCK next season!

Guru

Love the deep woods too on my mountain bike too! Though, maybe it's time to remove the jackalope antlers from the helmet =O

I enjoy EC12 and have been lucky in that I've not experienced a bottle from a bad batch yet.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Disciple

I mostly like EC12, but on certain days the flavor profile seems to be a bit hard to pin down, if that makes any sense.

And as for hunting, I prefer stores that have been standing for at least 20 years, in neighborhoods that have been on the decline for just as long. I love staring down my prey through hazy, bullet-proof glass, as a clueless clerk keeps asking me if I need help.

Disciple

BTW, it's spelled "Elijah." Look at the title of the thread.

Sorry Alden, had to do it
    Jim

Guru

It's like a cross between Elijah and Ouija. The Reverend would not approve.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    BTW, it's spelled "Elijah." Look at the title of the thread.

Sorry Alden, had to do it
    That's OK. I deserved it.

I just got back from the booze superstore with a bottle of WT rye. I saw some bottles of Elija(h) Craig 12 for $26.

That will be my next acquisition; I can feel it in me bones. Aaarrr.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alden View Post
    That's OK. I deserved it.

I just got back from the booze superstore with a bottle of WT rye. I saw some bottles of Elija(h) Craig 12 for $26.

That will be my next acquisition; I can feel it in me bones. Aaarrr.
    I support you in your their/they're post. And in your decision to buy some Elijah Craig.
    Jim