Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now - Spring 2013 ...

Quote Originally Posted by timd View Post
    Ardbog is better than Galileo (by far...), about on par with Alligator and not quite as good as Day.

I'm an Ardbeg fanboy, but it's a oncer. I've turned down additional chances to grab a few more bottles - I'll still with just one, and go buy more Uigadale.
    I like your perspective on this I will end up with one I'm sure as it sounds like ours tastes are somewhat aligned.I will have to agree the Galileo fell to new lows for Ardbeg,just unbalanced and some odd notes throughout.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Enthusiast

This might sound a little crazy. I was going through my shelf and wanted something I haven't drank in a while so I pulled the Mellow Corn from the back. It struck me that it is similar to the Bruichladdich Bere Barley I have been working on, so I pour a second glass of that. I'm going back and forth and the Bere is much more open and has a lot more going on, but there's just something about them that is the same. The Bere is like Mellow Corn plus. They could be cousins.

Enthusiast

Friday night my son, who's home from law school for a week, and I got into some Bowmore 12. It's not one I turn to often, but it seemed like a good idea after drinking beer all afternoon. It was a cool, damp evening (aren't too many of those left here). Sitting outside, the Bowmore hit the spot.

Guru

My son and I did exactly the same thing, good times.

Connoisseur

What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now - Spring 2013 ...

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Had a small pour of Kilchoman 2010 Summer Release that I got from a trade with a gracious SB member. I'm impressed with this young Islay and the great people that put their efforts into making this beautiful expression. Clean peat, sea/brine, citrus, oak/vanilla... good stuff.

I'll be looking forward to adding Kilchoman to my bunker.

And now finishing off the night with 25ml of Compass Box Oak Spice Tree
    Love Kilchoman! Great people and they're really putting forth a great proudest with lots of potential for exceptional drams in the future. Anthony Wills is a great guy if you ever get the chance to meet him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369596051.524133.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369596073.289175.jpg
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I agree with this assessment. The Lagavulin 16 iodine was what made me really fall in love with good single malts. After all the normal releases, special releases, and limited releases from other distilleries, Lagavulin 16 still stands as one of my favorite drams. The only downside is that my money goes to Diageo.
    Agree with everyone else. Lag 16 is just an exceptional dram. The first time Tom H poured me some it was love at first taste. And if you can get them for $55 a bottle.....an absolute steal!!!
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question."

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    My son and I did exactly the same thing, good times.
    Good times, indeed.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by MacinJosh View Post
    Agree with everyone else. Lag 16 is just an exceptional dram. The first time Tom H poured me some it was love at first taste. And if you can get them for $55 a bottle.....an absolute steal!!!

Yep, out of everything that comes out, Ardbeg bottlings all over the place, Caol Ilas and Laphroaigs flying around, that Lagavulin 16 is perfect in it's consistency, it's guaranteed happiness. An all star, all the time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MacinJosh View Post
    Love Kilchoman! Great people and they're really putting forth a great proudest with lots of potential for exceptional drams in the future. Anthony Wills is a great guy if you ever get the chance to meet him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369596051.524133.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369596073.289175.jpg
    Josh-

Looks like you're having a blast. I look forward to traveling there one day to meet some of the people that had a hand in bringing these gems to fruition.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Advanced Taster

A bit of Bunnahabhain 12 this evening.