Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 634
  1. #161
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    948

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    I purchased the Dalmore Paterson Collection. I paid in royal baby silver coins. Please excuse me my short post, it is hard to type while simultaneously drinking Scotch and driving a Rolls Royce.

  2. #162
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sutton, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I purchased the Dalmore Paterson Collection. I paid in royal baby silver coins. Please excuse me my short post, it is hard to type while simultaneously drinking Scotch and driving a Rolls Royce.
    As long as you're not texting ... that would just be plain crazy ...
    Mark

  3. #163
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    680

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I purchased the Dalmore Paterson Collection. I paid in royal baby silver coins. Please excuse me my short post, it is hard to type while simultaneously drinking Scotch and driving a Rolls Royce.
    A Rolls requires being driven. Bentleys are for driving, as any real snob will tell you. Hope you didn't spill any on your ascot.

  4. #164
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,575

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    Found Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban port finish and Lasanta sherry finish on sale for $36.99 (the third in the "extra matured" series, Nectar d'Or sauternes finished, was not on sale and cost considerably more but I already have that at the moment) so I couldn't resist adding them to my basket.

    I don't think they have gotten reviews that were quite as strong as the Nectar d'Or but I think 12 year old finished whisky at that price is worth taking a chance on!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  5. #165
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    361

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    Had to be in a neighboring county yesterday so I took advantage and hit up as many shops as I could.

    Wasn't sure I'd find anything else so I grabbed a cheaper bottle I hadn't seen before. Singleton of Glendullan 12 year, thought the bottle was cool and for $30 took a crack at it.

    Then down the street at a store that didn't show up on Google Maps I found the old label HP15 and HP18 with old price tags. So much for not finding anything or keeping it cheap, but figuring I'll never see the two again for any cheaper I pulled the trigger.

    Then found another gem of a store that had the Macallan CS Red Label for $57! haven't seen the current release under $75 anywhere else.

    Really looking forward to cracking these open.

    IMG_1662.jpg

  6. #166
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,575

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    Checking out a new store to me on the advice of others here and elsewhere. A rather interesting if disorganized collection of whisky. Perhaps not the largest selection in town I have seen but close. And definitely the largest collection of IB choices I have seen in one place.

    Prices seemed a bit disorganized as well with HP18 still under $90 for example but Talisker 18 at $120 (had been $80ish just a few short months ago it seems!).

    I did pick up a couple of Talisker 175th Anniversary bottles on a whim due to good reviews I had read, a Talisker 10 that came with a couple of funky rounded bottom glasses (like for a ship. Tilts with the deck!) and one of those HP18's for future consumption.

    Saw bottles like a 32yo Ledaig 1972, a cask strength 17yo Macallan from Signatory, a couple of Samaroli bottlings for $350 and even a Charbay Release II sandwiched in between a Barry Crockett Legacy and a bunch of 1776 Pepper 15yo LDI bourbon going for some ridiculous price for no particular reason.

    IMG_1108.jpgIMG_1109.jpgIMG_1110.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1115.jpg
    It was fun to window shop!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  7. #167
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    361

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    That's awesome, to me those kind of stores are the most fun to shop in.

  8. #168
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    129

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Checking out a new store to me on the advice of others here and elsewhere. A rather interesting if disorganized collection of whisky. Perhaps not the largest selection in town I have seen but close. And definitely the largest collection of IB choices I have seen in one place.

    Prices seemed a bit disorganized as well with HP18 still under $90 for example but Talisker 18 at $120 (had been $80ish just a few short months ago it seems!).

    I did pick up a couple of Talisker 175th Anniversary bottles on a whim due to good reviews I had read, a Talisker 10 that came with a couple of funky rounded bottom glasses (like for a ship. Tilts with the deck!) and one of those HP18's for future consumption.

    Saw bottles like a 32yo Ledaig 1972, a cask strength 17yo Macallan from Signatory, a couple of Samaroli bottlings for $350 and even a Charbay Release II sandwiched in between a Barry Crockett Legacy and a bunch of 1776 Pepper 15yo LDI bourbon going for some ridiculous price for no particular reason.

    IMG_1108.jpgIMG_1109.jpgIMG_1110.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1115.jpg
    It was fun to window shop!
    Those are some nice looking Hirsch 25 ryes sitting there!

  9. #169
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,575

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    Quote Originally Posted by devillighter View Post
    Those are some nice looking Hirsch 25 ryes sitting there!
    Yeah, forgot about those. They had all manner of odd stuff mixed in with what was mostly a scotch display. At $200 I just wasn't sure it was for me. Afraid it would be too much wood. A 21 or 22 and I might have been inclined to try one.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  10. #170
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    184

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

    3 x Powers John's Lane
    2 x Redbreast CS 57.7%

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013
    By OscarV in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 1199
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 20:04
  2. What rye did you purchase today - Spring/Summer 2013
    By Wryguy in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 326
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:31
  3. Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?
    By JamesW in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 1414
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 20:59
  4. What Bourbon Should I Purchase Today? - Spring/Summer 2012
    By Rockefeller in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 11:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top