Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring 2013 ...

The Talisker vertical Johnny posted in the Talisker FWOTM thread made me real thirsty! And then I spotted a Tally 25yo bottled in 2004 at cask strength (57.8%). Add in a price of $185.99 and it was all she wrote. Spendy to be sure but this one had to come home with me!

IMG_1210.jpg

I also picked up a Distillers Edition TD-S: 5NZ distilled in 2000 and bottled in 2011 to go with the DE TD-S: 50A from the previous post and a third DE (TD-S:5HT) I got recently in a Tally gift pack (I think from 1992 and bottled in 2005).

Time for my own vertical with maybe a horizontal and zig or a zag thrown in there for good measure!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru
    Nice score @ a great price B! Cask strength too! I need to pick up one of those...

Looking forward to your vertical.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Nice score @ a great price B! Cask strength too! I need to pick up one of those...

Looking forward to your vertical.
    Would love to do one tonight but I will likely hold off on this until I can gather a few like minded people. If I can't soon then the seal on the 25yo might spontaneously pop soon and I will be forced to try it!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Connoisseur

A lovely oddity popped up in my local store...Auchroisk 30. Didn't spring for it at $275, but it's one to consider for a "halo" bottle.

I did bring home a couple Leapfrogs, though. Cairdeas Portwood and Cask Strength. One of these is getting cracked tonight!

Guru
    I've yet to see that Portwood - very interested to read your thoughts on that one.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Taster

I picked up a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh batch 45 just a little bit ago.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    A lovely oddity popped up in my local store...Auchroisk 30. Didn't spring for it at $275, but it's one to consider for a "halo" bottle.
    Saw that yesterday when I picked up my Talisker 25 along with a handful of other high end bottles, some of which were well over $200.
    IMG_1208.jpgIMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpgIMG_1199.jpgIMG_1200.jpgIMG_1201.jpgIMG_1202.jpgIMG_1207mod.jpg

Lots of nice eye candy! The G&M Macallan's were interesting as was the Hermitage Wood finished Caol Ila (although Serge doesn't like it or red wine barrel finishes in general apparently). But I decided to draw the line with the Talisker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    I did bring home a couple Leapfrogs, though. Cairdeas Portwood and Cask Strength. One of these is getting cracked tonight!
    I went to the local distributor to try to get the Cairdeas Portwood in Atlanta but that wouldn't even bring it into the state, much less give me a chance to buy it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Saw that yesterday when I picked up my Talisker 25 along with a handful of other high end bottles, some of which were well over $200.
    IMG_1208.jpgIMG_1209.jpg

Lots of nice eye candy! The G&M Macallan's were interesting as was the Hermitage Wood finished Caol Ila (although Serge doesn't like it or red wine barrel finishes in general apparently). But I decided to draw the line with the Talisker.

I went to the local distributor to try to get the Cairdeas Portwood in Atlanta but that wouldn't even bring it into the state, much less give me a chance to buy it.

Damn Dr. Bruce: step up to the plate and swing for the fences brother. Can't wait to taste a couple of those malts.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Guru

IMG_1208.jpgIMG_1209.jpg

Very nice sir!! G&M has some nice stuff.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Guru

I should clarify my poorly worded sentence! I saw the Auchroisk 30 and a number of other expensive whiskies in a store but I only brought home the Talisker 25!

Sorry 'bout that!

But if someone else is in a buying mood I am happy to pass along the location and help you taste them...