Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 634
  1. #401
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    After getting a nice tip from a friend, made a late run to the package store. Picked up 2 Redbreast 12 CS @ $59.99 each. The store clerk even admitted they were priced wrong but said the owner had not yet found out what they should be priced. So, he told her to "just put them on the shelf in the Redbreast 12 slot". She encouraged me to take both of them even though I didn't need much encouragement...only wish there had been more.

  2. #402
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    888

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    After getting a nice tip from a friend, made a late run to the package store. Picked up 2 Redbreast 12 CS @ $59.99 each. The store clerk even admitted they were priced wrong but said the owner had not yet found out what they should be priced. So, he told her to "just put them on the shelf in the Redbreast 12 slot". She encouraged me to take both of them even though I didn't need much encouragement...only wish there had been more.
    Isn't that regular pricing for the cask strength? The normal 12 year is $45 here, with the CS at $60.

  3. #403
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    WOW...wish I was back in NOLA...I must have missed that one while there in October. Nope, around this part of TN - if you find it at all - the regular 12 year is $59-61 + tax. I've been looking for the CS for about 2 weeks now. Everybody has said they've got it on order. When I ask about price, they all said it would be in the $80-90 range. I'm beginning to think we are really getting ripped here by too many middlemen/distributors. Next time I'm down your way, I'll keep a sharper eye when frequenting the stores. In the last few days I had even checked a couple of east coast stores online. The best I could find it + who would ship to TN was $81.99 + shipping.
    Last edited by Old Lamplighter; 11-13-2013 at 21:38.

  4. #404
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Here's Asama & Big Sis:



    TWE Karuizawa 30 / 1981 - Bourbon Cask # 8606, 55.8%
    Karuizawa Asama Selected Vintages 1999 / 2000 - 50.5%
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  5. #405
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    888

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Sometimes it's just a regional thing. I get jealous when I hear about Lagavulin for $55 and Uigedail for $52. You can't touch either of those here for less than $75.

  6. #406
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Sometimes it's just a regional thing. I get jealous when I hear about Lagavulin for $55 and Uigedail for $52. You can't touch either of those here for less than $75.
    I hear you. I can't say I've seen Uigedail anywhere in my territory...Lagavulin is few & far between with 16 year the only one I've seen in last few months.

  7. #407
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Here's Asama & Big Sis:



    TWE Karuizawa 30 / 1981 - Bourbon Cask # 8606, 55.8%
    Karuizawa Asama Selected Vintages 1999 / 2000 - 50.5%
    All I can say is WOW! My end-of-year bank acct will not allow me to start getting interested in Japanese single malt. If I do, I'll be sleeping in the garage all of next year....but, it does look extremely yummy.

  8. #408
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    All I can say is WOW! My end-of-year bank acct will not allow me to start getting interested in Japanese single malt. If I do, I'll be sleeping in the garage all of next year....but, it does look extremely yummy.
    I've kind of got a thing for Karuizawa...
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

    "Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

  9. #409
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hoosier State
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Isn't that regular pricing for the cask strength? The normal 12 year is $45 here, with the CS at $60.
    our prices are similar to Old Lamp's. the 12 is mid $50's the 15 is $70's or low 80's and the 12CS is $85. I had a similar mis mark experience and bunkered a couple of CS12's at $65 each.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

  10. #410
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    873

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Isn't that regular pricing for the cask strength? The normal 12 year is $45 here, with the CS at $60.
    I've seen CS around $70-75 most places with Hi Time being the lowest at $60. The regular seems to be going up in price. I used to be able to get it at $40, but not it seems closer to $47-50 in most places.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

    There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013
    By OscarV in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 1199
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 20:04
  2. What rye did you purchase today - Spring/Summer 2013
    By Wryguy in forum American Rye Whiskey
    Replies: 326
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:31
  3. Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?
    By JamesW in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 1414
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 20:59
  4. What Bourbon Should I Purchase Today? - Spring/Summer 2012
    By Rockefeller in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 11:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top