Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

This was dropped off today and while it's nothing rare, I have not tried it before and for $50 shipped I had to give it a whirl.

2013-11-18 19.52.54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bearmark View Post
    That's a fantastic price and I promise you won't be disappointed. I gladly paid $98.
    Thats good to know, I've also been sitting on a bottle I grabbed for $80 and was not sure about it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Not sure which thread to stick this one, but excited to crack it open. I've been trying to track one of these down for months...

Perhaps it fits best in the Rum forum? Or maybe the Balcones thread which is where I posted pics of my bottles. But it is pretty either way! It was also well received by a number of folks including Dave Perkins at an impromptu rum tasting at a recent GBS event.

That little gathering, along with several newly acquired rums, has caused me to temporarily sail off into the rum world again and I may end up with several more unusual rums in the near future as a result!
    Last edited by tanstaafl2; 11-19-2013 at 09:36.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    That little gathering, along with several newly acquired rums, has caused me to temporarily sail off into the rum world again and I may end up with several more unusual rums in the near future as a result!
    Sounds awesome! As long as you keep us informed of what you taste or acquire. I've been researching rums lately mostly through links in the Rum Forum. Now I'm looking for some private bottled Demeraras.

On Topic: Received a Powers John's Lane the other day and waiting on a nicely priced Springbank15.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RVTsteve View Post
    Sounds awesome! As long as you keep us informed of what you taste or acquire. I've been researching rums lately mostly through links in the Rum Forum. Now I'm looking for some private bottled Demeraras.

On Topic: Received a Powers John's Lane the other day and waiting on a nicely priced Springbank15.
    Man, I really should not be reading about this, I love rum but whiskey is already costing too much, if I add something else... Plus then I would have to find more storage space.

That being said, I love myself some Zaya and always keep that on hand

Also, do you mind saying what the price range was for the Springbank? I have never purchased a bottle from them (but tried several expressions) and have been interested but I'm not sure how much I should be willing to pay. I'd really like a CS variety though if the price is right I'd get whatever.

Guru

A brief deviation from rum to note that there was a change in the weather as a Dark Storm just arrived from London!

Talisker dark storm.JPG

Looks like it could be a rather tasty storm to me!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

[QUOTE=MtnDew;380654

Also, do you mind saying what the price range was for the Springbank? I have never purchased a bottle from them (but tried several expressions) and have been interested but I'm not sure how much I should be willing to pay. I'd really like a CS variety though if the price is right I'd get whatever.[/QUOTE]

~$85 out the virtual door a good savings than if I grabbed it locally.

I grabbed a muirhead silver seal 16yr speyside. It was a good price and it's totally drinkable, tasty in fact
    Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    A brief deviation from rum to note that there was a change in the weather as a Dark Storm just arrived from London!

Looks like it could be a rather tasty storm to me!
    Have you tried it?
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Advanced Taster

Today I found a 1995 BenRiach 15 Year Peated Pedro Ximinez. I've had the Solstice 2 17 Year, which is similar (Oloroso Sherry), and really liked it. I've heard that this is better… besides, Solstice 2 is a UK-only release.

Advanced Taster

Picked up a Kilchoman 3rd edition 100% Islay last night. Spectacular. Thinking of getting another for the bunker.

Virtuoso

This stuff is mah jam. Just picked up another one today. Lagavulin 16, eat your heart out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--