Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Evan Williams white label going nationwide

I'm not very confident in this coming to PA. HH offerings are very limited here for some reason. EWSB is special order only and we don't even get Parker's Heritage at all.

Disciple

I am really glad to see this expansion of distribution,I will be glad to add it to the likes of my daily value pours including VOB BIB,AAA 10yr and HH 6yr.BIB.Oh wait,I guess I should write off the last two since........anyway I will be glad to see it's arrival.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Evan Williams white label going nationwide

Just arrived in KY this past week. We have both 750 and 1.75s.

Guru

what?! where? I havent seen it in Louisville, i looked yesterday

Disciple

Evan Williams white label going nationwide

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    what?! where? I havent seen it in Louisville, i looked yesterday
    Eric's store is in Elizabethtown.
    Jim

Guru

before I see it on the shelves, let me ask you guys point blank.....Is there enough of a difference to tell between this and the HH BIB 6 year white label? I like that, but kind of expect them to be very similar.

also tried the HH BIB gold label, and didnt care for that one as much. I imagine the only difference from the white is 2 years less age. is the EW BIB like either of these, or noticably different?

Connoisseur

before I see it on the shelves, let me ask you guys point blank.....Is there enough of a difference to tell between this and the HH BIB 6 year white label? I like that, but kind of expect them to be very similar.

also tried the HH BIB gold label, and didnt care for that one as much. I imagine the only difference from the white is 2 years less age. is the EW BIB like either of these, or noticably different?
    I bought all except the TW Samuels a few months ago and tried them side by side. I found the EW BiB to be the worst of the lot and proceeded to make part of it into a bourbon sauce, and the rest of it a cherry infusion experiment. To my taste, it was sickly sweet and malty in the extreme, lacking any bite or nuance. It did taste good with a half pound of cherries in the handle... I expect others to chime in with positive reviews, so my taste may well be an outlier. FWIW, I think it's a lot like the 1783 and a little like the gold label, but not that similar to the others, certainly not to the 6 year white label.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bad_scientist View Post
    FWIW, I think it's a lot like the 1783 and a little like the gold label, but not that similar to the others, certainly not to the 6 year white label.

so you thought the HH BIB white 6 year considerably better? of the HH lineup, I liked the white 6 year BIB and the green 90 proofer best. So, youd liken it more to the gold HH BIB?

I may just wait and see if it shows up int 50 or 200ml bottles first then.....

Connoisseur

so you thought the HH BIB white 6 year considerably better? of the HH lineup, I liked the white 6 year BIB and the green 90 proofer best. So, youd liken it more to the gold HH BIB?

I may just wait and see if it shows up int 50 or 200ml bottles first then.....
    Yeah, the white label BiB came up in another thread - I like it plenty, but it's too sweet and corny for my personal cabinet and I won't buy another bottle. It's pretty tough to tell whether you'll like the EW BiB, based on what you've written. HH has a particular profile, perhaps due to what I have heard is an extremely high distilling proof, but I divide their products under general lines, either super-malty or super-corny. I put the white label BiB as malty while the 6 year BiB is corny. Their higher end products don't fall under either category, and to be honest I don't even see the resemblance between those and their general offerings.

Guru

im new enough to bourbon though, that if you gave me the whole lineup of HH labeled stuff in a blind tasting, id probably not be able to tell the difference other than proof. i do like the larceny too....