Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Evan Williams white label going nationwide

" im new enough to bourbon though, that if you gave me the whole lineup of HH labeled stuff in a blind tasting, id probably not be able to tell the difference other than proof. "

fox, I expect that would be true for most of us irrespective of experience.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by capitals83 View Post
    I just hope the expansion doesn't affect the quality of what is one of my favorite bourbons on the shelf.
    I'm with you there.
    Evan Williams White Label BIB is a nice little treasure.
    ovh

Enthusiast

Evan Williams white label going nationwide

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    I've not seen it yet. Since i lost my bourbon cherry to some 1783, and that i like the value of HH 6yo white BIB, I'm ready to grab one as soon as i see it.

I'm in Louisville Ky; the stuff is distilled 5 miles from my house and aged 30 miles from me, but nowhere in my state can it be found. Ive read that TN was the closest to have it. why would they not offer to sell it in the state where it's made? the only thing weirder is Blantons straight from the barrel.....made in KY, and not for sale in the US.....
    Don't be too upset about the HH selections in KY. Be thankful you have plenty of access to the HH BIB 6 Year and the vast selection of other bonds including JTS Brown, JW Dant, etc. Not everyone else does...

Guru

oh, I am grateful. I am truly lucky to be where I am as a beginner bourbon drinker, there's no better place on the planet to be a bourbon fan. It just eludes me why a distiller will not sell something in the state they make it, but still have a dozen other offerings in that state. I mean....no EW BIB, but two HH BIB's, and theyre all made in the same place.....it cant be legal reasons at that logic.

but again, it is nice to walk into a large liquor store here and see practically everything made in the country on the shelf! sure makes experimenting a lot of fun! but as with anything, you want to try what you cant have. I guess it could be a little more fun with not everything available everywhere, it makes it like a treasure hunt when you travel...

Disciple

oh, I am grateful. I am truly lucky to be where I am as a beginner bourbon drinker, there's no better place on the planet to be a bourbon fan. It just eludes me why a distiller will not sell something in the state they make it, but still have a dozen other offerings in that state. I mean....no EW BIB, but two HH BIB's, and theyre all made in the same place.....it cant be legal reasons at that logic.

but again, it is nice to walk into a large liquor store here and see practically everything made in the country on the shelf! sure makes experimenting a lot of fun! but as with anything, you want to try what you cant have. I guess it could be a little more fun with not everything available everywhere, it makes it like a treasure hunt when you travel...
    Just a matter of brand recognition and product placement. Heaven Hill isn't as widely known a name outside KY as in KY. So many other near-identical products, minimal market share, at best, to be gained by adding one more.
    Jim

Guru

ive still not seen it in louisville. if anyone sees it, please post where it is. thanks!

ive still not seen it in louisville. if anyone sees it, please post where it is. thanks!
    Look for a white label EW. Came out last week in ky. We have it but I have not had any feedback yet.

Guru

Would like to hear what your customers have to say Eric.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Would like to hear what your customers have to say Eric.
    me too....

so it's in E-town, but Ive yet to see any in Louisville. Next time we go to the Doe Valley to visit some friends, I may stop in and grab some.

Guru

Didn't see it in Lexington today, but I only made the one stop.