Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heebeegeebees

Enthusiast

Re: Heebeegeebees

Gary, I'm with you on the French Oak Reserve-- a comparitive steal at under $50. So is the Glendronach 12 with the red label, lightly sherried and simply delicious.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    That's right, and I have already stopped. I bought Glenlivet 15 year old French Oak recently on sale for under $50.00 at LCBO. Rarely have I had a better malt at any price. It is beautifully balanced and flavorful, and the French wood taste (I see now where Cognac gets its signature) comes through without traducing the flavour of Highland whisky. It is far better than the standard 12 year old version. No more $100 and $200 purchases for something too old, too peaty (although I know some people like that), too sherried, or too ordinary. And bourbon has its no-go analogues.

Gary
    I like the 'Livet 15 better than the 18..much better. Very good single malt.

Enthusiast

For every Macallan-like hike, something else swoops in to save the day. For me it is the Bunnahabhain 12. Since they non-chill filtered and slightly upped the proof, it's surpassed most other Scotches. And oh, the kept the price at $50.
    Justin

Advanced Taster

I have not had the Glenlivet 15yo french oak...but like many, I am a big fan of the Nadurra Cask Strength.