Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guru

Re: Errors on COLA's going up?

Alright, I went back and read the back label . . . gag me with a spoon.

Enthusiast

I'm not even sure that back label qualifies as drivel - I need a drink after reading that label.

Connoisseur

I would like to submit that whoever wrote that description on the back label is either not a native English speaker or they need a remedial grammar lesson. The mangled message they are trying to impart is just patently idiotic.

Guru

It does appear the copy writer was given a list of buzz words.

Taster

I understand how the following graphic might distract from the words, but actually misspelling the main name is pretty funny. Of course it does have a resealable cap, which is what i always look for.

expressLoad.jpg
    http://whiskeylist.blogspot.com/ downloadable spreadsheet of over 2000 North American Whiskies

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AGarrison View Post
    I understand how the following graphic might distract from the words, but actually misspelling the main name is pretty funny. Of course it does have a resealable cap, which is what i always look for.

expressLoad.jpg
    Cute, but it has nothing to do with the COLA. It's not the TTB's job to correct spelling. They don't even care how you spell whiskey.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Cute, but it has nothing to do with the COLA. It's not the TTB's job to correct spelling. They don't even care how you spell whiskey.
    Yeah, this whole thread to me is more about the filers than the gov. How someone can have so little pride in their product that they cant check the spelling is amazing, even for something like Express Load. I do find it odd when the TTB doesnt catch labels that have incorrect language about the grain (front claiming bourbon, back claiming 100% rye, for example).
    http://whiskeylist.blogspot.com/ downloadable spreadsheet of over 2000 North American Whiskies

Guru

Would the customers for this stuff even notice?

Connoisseur

Hey, they let this stuff slip through:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuEf-xV9hQc

Virtuoso

Recently a Rum guy doing some research turned up some court documents that showed a famous Rum manufacturer was infusing it's "Rum" with macerated Prunes and Vanilla beans for flavorings. He contacted the TTB, sent the sworn court testimony of the Rum manufacturer that their juice had infused flavors, and asked them why the "Rum" wasn't labeled as flavored. When someone from the TTB contacted him and said they would look into it he was encouraged.
    After a lengthy wait he contacted the person at TTB again and was told they they had been in contact with Matusalem but that no information about what transpired would be released. After several more requests he was told that if he wanted any info on what what the outcome of the inquiry by the TTB was he would have to file a freedom of information request.

Really disappointing, it's seems that the TTB doesn't really do anything much at all and certainly isn't transparent or receptive to complaints from consumers.

With all the new flavored, finished, infused, vatted, re-bareled and otherwise fooked with juice on the market we should hope someone is minding the store regulation wise.