Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Best Bourbon

Best Bourbon

HulloThere,

I've 50.00 to indulge in my love of bourbon. What would you get? I like them smooth and slightly sweeter.

WK

Disciple

Best Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by WarlKicken View Post
    HulloThere,

I've 50.00 to indulge in my love of bourbon. What would you get? I like them smooth and slightly sweeter.

WK
    What does 50.00 buy you? Your options are likely limited by your location. And welcome!
    Jim

Novice

Re: Best Bourbon

My suggestions would be a litre of larceny (about 45) or weller 12 (about 35)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Enthusiast

I would go Weller 12, Larceny (as stated) or a Very Special Old Fitzgerald. All three of these will weigh in at under 50 pounds.

To bad its not 1971,.....man to think what one could get for that kind of money back then......................If I only knew then what I know now............
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Enthusiast

Best Bourbon

Go with Weller 12 or Larceny over VSOF. Unless they put something else in the current VSOF bottle where you are.
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flee View Post
    My suggestions would be a litre of larceny (about 45) or weller 12 (about 35)
    Not sure what options you have available, but if those are the prices for a litre - maybe you could get half-liters of both, eh!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Novice

Weller 12 is the price for a 70cl the only bourbon ive seen here in litres so far is larceny. We get a very limited choice here as it is and dont have the luxury of different size bottles of the same juice.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Enthusiast

Concur with the recommendation of the Weller 12 over the Larceny ... but, I tend to favor Sazerac products over Heaven Hill.
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Many thanks to all for the welcomes and the advice/ suggestions!!

I am based in London so I have all the delicious advantages of this fantastic City! My love of Rum instigated a passion which lead to indugling in a rather scumptious collection ranging from 'expensive' sippers down to my 'Usual Suspects', as it were. I started as a bourbon man though, Makers Mark being the poision of choice. I ventured into a bottle of Makers46 for a birthday one year and thought it quite the sensory overload. I am quite keen to take my indulgence love across and expand the Bourbon collection such as my Rum.

My current chest of drawers top is adorned with a bottle of;
    Jeffersons Reserve
    Blanton's straight from the barrel
    Makers Mark
    W L Weller12

I do love an expensive sipper as much as the day to day enjoyment whiskeys and something delicious to create (or at least attempt) an Old Fashioned!

Many thanks again all
    Great Work!
    WK