Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Guru

Re: Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

For me a cherry cheesecake is a single serving.

Connoisseur

Well I ended up getting a bottle of the standard 100 proof "small batch" version of KC.

I like it. It reminds a little bit of OGD BiB, but better.
    He made himself another drink and thought how much better the Perrier was than anything else you could put in whisky... Hemingway

Taster

A couple years ago, I did a side-by-side of Booker's and KCSB, using a fine (mL) measuring device and watering both down to my preferred drinking strength of 90 proof.

If you had placed both glasses in front of me blind, I would not have been able to tell them apart...the two tasted virtually identical to me.

With Booker's at $52 and KCSB at $36, here's the per-pour analysis:

• Booker's 126 proof diluted to 90 proof delivers 1,050 mL, making a 50 mL pour cost $2.48
    • KCSB 120 proof diluted to 90 proof delivers 1,000 mL, making a 50 mL pour cost $1.80

KCSB is considerably more economical to drink than Booker's, assuming that your palate is as undiscerning as mine...

My theory is that they taste all the barrels, select those which are the best for the Booker's bottling, then take the next tier and bottle it as KCSB, then take the next tier and bottle it as KC...

hmmmm....if I re-do this little experiment, I should prolly include the standard KC against the other two...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oboe Cadobro View Post
    My theory is that they taste all the barrels, select those which are the best for the Booker's bottling, then take the next tier and bottle it as KCSB
    that may very well be true. Ive said a lot lately that Bookers and KCSB are tied at my 2nd and 3rd favorite spots