Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Disciple

Another Hello from Indiana

Long time reader, first time poster! Just wanted to say hey and that I enjoy this website and forum. I have been drinking whiskey (JD, Canadian, bourbon) off and on for years but over the past few years I have become more in tune with my "bourbon" self.

I enjoy trying new bourbons, but I am a cheap b-----d so I try to limit myself to a few standbys and maybe a new experience each month. My go to is Woodford Reserve. I currently have Woodford, Blanton's, Weller 12 year, Elijah Craig 12 year and Angel's Envy on hand. I doubt my wife would let me pay more than $50 to 60 a bottle unless it was a special occasion (e.g., I let her buy $300 in shoes or something...not that that has ever happened). I know this is a bourbon site but I also like RedBreast 12 Irish Whiskey.

I almost always drink bourbon or whiskey neat or on the rocks, although occasionally I will make a Manhattan. Looking forward to learning LOT'S more about bourbon from the experts on this site. I live in Pittsboro, Indiana (about 25 miles from downtown Indy.)

I would be interested in learning from others where the places are to go for selection and price of bourbon in the Indy area. I shop at a local store owned by Big Red Liquors. The selection is decent but always looking for better!

Mike

Virtuoso

Re: Another Hello from Indiana

Welcome, Mike! There is a lot to learn and a lot of very knowledgable posters on this board. You will find it is a very accommodating and inclusive group as well.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Guru

Hey Mike, welcome aboard. One of the advantages of Bourbon is you don't have to pay much to get a lot. I could easily stay under $30 ($15 is better) and never be disappointed.

Virtuoso

Good Day Mike and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Disciple

Welcome from Monticello.

Apprentice

Welcome to the board mbroo. A very accepting and knowledgable group of people here.

My wife is from Indy so I make it up at least twice a year. I am always looking for good places to find bourbon while in town so I will watch this thread closely hoping to discover the "go to places" with you. I have found Kahn's Fine Wine and Spirits to have a pretty decent selection and reasonable prices. Good luck and welcome again.

Virtuoso

Welcome! Hope to see you at one of the future Indy get-togethers.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Disciple

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to participating in discussions and learning more. And, of course, trying new bourbons!

Connoisseur

Another Hello from Indiana

Welcome Mike! Fellow Hoosier here from Noblesville on the North-East side of Indy. Always great to have more Hoosiers on the board. Our ranks have really grown lately!

Like Brian said, keep an eye out for any future Indy gatherings. We have a pretty active group. Ask any questions you might have. Lots of knowledge here.

The Vine & Table in Carmel has a Whisky Explorers' Club that is accepting new members. We meet once a month (usually the first Thursday) and we try all kinds of different whiskies. Google their number and ask for Denis if you're interested.

Looking forward to getting to know you better. Cheers!
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didnít understand the question."