Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Guru

Re: Aberlour A'bundadh?

Huh. Just went back to the review of it on my blog and I apparently liked it. Go figure. Batch 29 FWIW.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by portwood View Post
    Stay away from batch 41 - reports say it is very high in sulphur - probably the worst one bottled to date.
    Good to know. Although comparing the two batches might be interesting.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Virtuoso

Looking at batch 39 or 44 any intel on either? Want to avoid the sulphur bombs at that price. Also this or the GL Nadurra for a bourbon guy's first scotch trial.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    Looking at batch 39 or 44 any intel on either? Want to avoid the sulphur bombs at that price. Also this or the GL Nadurra for a bourbon guy's first scotch trial.
    I have an open bottle of batch 44 that I like pretty well and found to be surprisingly similar to bourbon. I did not detect any sulphur but add the usual disclaimer here about everyone's tastes being different. Sorry can't comment on the Nadurra, its next on my "to try" list, just haven't made it that far yet.
    Last edited by miller542; 11-13-2013 at 12:53.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    I have both 40 and 41 which are the "sulphur bombs" and find them to be delightful. Had a sample from the newest which I think is Batch 46 and thought it was very nice.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Virtuoso

Off-topic, but whatever happened to Alden (the OP)? Did he really post over 500 times in 3 months!? I guess he really did start a new thread every few minutes like it seemed a few months ago

Back on topic, no doubt that Nadurra is a much better first scotch for bourbon lovers. Nadurra is my first recommendation for those who enjoy BP bourbons, Balvenie 15 for those who don't. I've enjoyed some sherry bombs from Macallan, Glenfarclas and Longmorn this fall, but haven't had an A'bunadh since last winter. I'm going to have to change that soon.

Enthusiast

A'Bundadh is great, especially as a sherry bomb, but I find a bit of batch variation. Macallan CS is still my favorite sherry bomb out of what I have tried.

I really want to get my hands on Glendronach CS though, or Glenfarclas 20 year old CS. Definately Glenfarclas.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    I really want to get my hands on Glendronach CS though, or Glenfarclas 20 year old CS. Definately Glenfarclas.
    The 20yo 105? This is one I'm saving pennies for if I ever place an over seas order.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I have both 40 and 41 which are the "sulphur bombs" and find them to be delightful. Had a sample from the newest which I think is Batch 46 and thought it was very nice.
    The only ones I've seen in my territory are all Batch 45. Anybody heard anything about it or know where to direct me for info?...if there is any available at present. Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    The only ones I've seen in my territory are all Batch 45. Anybody heard anything about it or know where to direct me for info?...if there is any available at present. Thanks very much!
    I have a batch 45 and enjoy it immensely. I don't have much scotch experience but this to me is excellent!