Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Central CT Chef

Advanced Taster

Central CT Chef

Hi! I am a chef from the Hartford area of Connecticut. I am almost 30 and have preferred american whiskey to other spirits basically my entire alcohol drinking life. First with coke as a line/shift drink at work, then in craft cocktails of all sorts. Only recently however have I enjoyed it neat. My GM gave me a bottle of Jefferson's VOVSM for Christmas, I went to my aunt's house for dinner, brought it along, and for whatever reason, it finally clicked. Since then I have been researching and hunting for bottles that interest me. CT has some pretty funky blue laws so sometimes availability is scarce or non existent. I currently have a small stash of Dry Fly, Angel's Envy, JPS18, High Wests, OGD BIB & 114, Dickel, Four Roses, Ritt, ER, WhipperSnapper plus a few more that are currently eluding me. No hoarding for me yet, but I do have an extra bottle of JPS18 as backup. Thanks for having me, looking forward to learning more and trying more whiskey.

Connoisseur

Re: Central CT Chef

Welcome to SB.com fellow New Englander! I grew up in the New Haven area, but I nowadays I live about 40 minutes north of you in MA. Sounds like you've gotten a good start on your whiskey journey. Where do you work? It wouldn't happen to be Plan B bourbon and burgers would it? Always happy to help if you got any questions. Enjoy yourself around here.

Virtuoso

Good Day and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Guru

Hey JK, welcome aboard. You are also welcome to join us in the chatroom where members gather most evenings. The chat icon is located on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Wryguy View Post
    Welcome to SB.com fellow New Englander! I grew up in the New Haven area, but I nowadays I live about 40 minutes north of you in MA. Sounds like you've gotten a good start on your whiskey journey. Where do you work? It wouldn't happen to be Plan B bourbon and burgers would it? Always happy to help if you got any questions. Enjoy yourself around here.
    I often go up to Springfield or Sturbridge when I am looking for something that is not available in CT (and cheaper!).

No, I do not work at Plan B, but I have been many times. I work at Firebox in downtown Hartford. Plan B is pretty good, but Krust in Middletown is a new place that serves really good pizza and has an even better selection of bourbon than Plan B.