Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Age of Old Fitz bottle?

I recently picked up a dusty OF bottle, 100 proof bottled in bond. I'm wondering how I find out the date it was bottled. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Taster

Re: Age of Old Fitz bottle?

SB Nation,
    Take a deep breath!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark fleetwood View Post
    SB Nation,
    Take a deep breath!
    I understand I'm a newbie to this forum, but I'm not a newbie to bourbon. I DID read through the stickies, etc., so if I missed something or broke a rule here, I apologize. I plan to drink this bottle, and was just curious about the age of it, since I don't normally drink stuff that is out of production. I've browsed this forum for a while (prior to joining) but have never posted because I was afraid I might get a reply like this. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Last edited by bontrager; 05-30-2013 at 14:04.

Guru

Greg over at bourbondork is pretty much an expert in Old Fitz dusties. He's a member here but you'll probably get a quicker response from him on his blog.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Greg over at bourbondork is pretty much an expert in Old Fitz dusties. He's a member here but you'll probably get a quicker response from him on his blog.
    Thank you, much appreciated!

Guru

Good afternoon bontrager, welcome aboard. Your purchase was bottled after metric bottles were phased in during the early 1980s but that's all I can tell from the label unless you can post a larger picture.

Guru

For your very first post on this forum, your question without an introduction can be a little off-putting as we SB.com gets a lot of these "types" of requests (from "housewives" asking for where they can score Pappy's to "Tadas Auk"'s asking where they can easily hunt for dusties).

While not explicitly asking for value, your question is getting close to #4 on the Guide to Newbies:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...t.php?f=43&a=9

Regardless, take some time to introduce yourself here:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...traightbourbon

Welcome and I look forward to your contributions here.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    For your very first post on this forum, your question without an introduction can be a little off-putting as we SB.com gets a lot of these "types" of requests (from "housewives" asking for where they can score Pappy's to "Tadas Auk"'s asking where they can easily hunt for dusties).

While not explicitly asking for value, your question is getting close to #4 on the Guide to Newbies:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...t.php?f=43&a=9

Regardless, take some time to introduce yourself here:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...traightbourbon

Welcome and I look forward to your contributions here.
    I can understand why someone might interpret my post that way, but seriously, I was just asking a simple question hoping to get a simple answer. I know the PVW game and certainly don't need to play it when my stock starts to run low. I regularly post on another board where some people complain that too many people ask "basic" questions there. They recommend SB as a place to get questions answered. As a long time lurker I decided to do just that.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by bontrager View Post
    I understand I'm a newbie to this forum, but I'm not a newbie to bourbon. I DID read through the stickies, etc., so if I missed something or broke a rule here, I apologize. I plan to drink this bottle, and was just curious about the age of it, since I don't normally drink stuff that is out of production. I've browsed this forum for a while (prior to joining) but have never posted because I was afraid I might get a reply like this. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    My comment was specifically directed to the community, because I have seen first time requests taken to task.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark fleetwood View Post
    My comment was specifically directed to the community, because I have seen first time requests taken to task.
    My bad then Mark, I misinterpreted your comment. (raises glencairn glass)