Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Winter 2013

A jolt or two of maker's while the pork was cooking and a nightcap of RR101 - man I have put the hurt on this bottle of RR101

Nice set of pours yesterday Cam!
    Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns
    They should sell Pappy by the gallon, everyone buys the whole shelf anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by WAINWRIGHT
    I'm wearing a kilt right now...
    I feel like the fat Britney
    P_Elliots word of the day: odacity, coaqulate, preflent

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Quote Originally Posted by onemorepour View Post
    Yeh you can say that again! The 1792 is a whiskey im prettty keen to get my hands on, i have found a NZ store that will ship to OZ and the price is good (minus the customs gauntlet run), those kiwis seem to have a superior bourbon range than us, and they seem to generally get the full proof versions, lucky bastards.

Tonight is a cheeky sip of ORVW 10/107 thanks to camduncan, my stock is officially running low now
    If you mean Sam Snead's House of Whiskey for sourcing 1792, they are great guys and an awesome store that I can't recommend enough. As for the 10/107, when this bottle is gone that'll be it.... Unless Southtrade or the store in Melbourne get more stock, I won't be joining the crazies trying to hunt more down.

Enthusiast

Actually I wasnt even aware of Sneads but thanks for the intel, they look very good.
    I used to buy my ORVW from the whisky exchange for about half the price sneads have it listed as, and for me thats what it is worth, same goes with my pappy20, once the last bottle is gone thats it, i wont be punching any puppies or kittens to get more.

Opened the bottle of 4yo Willett Rye (110 proof) I got from Sam Sneads a couple of weeks ago on a trip to NZ.... spectacular stuff! Even my Dad who is a scotch drinker really enjoyed it. And I finally finished off the last few pours of a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye 80 proof I've had open since 2005.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    Opened the bottle of 4yo Willett Rye (110 proof) I got from Sam Sneads a couple of weeks ago on a trip to NZ.... spectacular stuff! Even my Dad who is a scotch drinker really enjoyed it. And I finally finished off the last few pours of a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye 80 proof I've had open since 2005.
    You sir seem to have access to some lovely whiskey, I am envious.
    Tonight I am having a post AFD pour of WT12 - wish it was easy to get more of this juice, almost perfect for the price

You sir seem to have access to some lovely whiskey, I am envious.
    I've been in the very lucky position to enjoy annual overseas holidays for the last several years. I always make sure I research what bourbons are available at our destination with the aim to bring back as much as my duty free allowance will allow (and my wife's if she's in a sharing mood)

Definately let me know if you ever make it north.... There's a few members here from Brisbane and I'm sure we could organise a get-together and find a few pours to share if you are ever in town

Had some 110 proof Wild Turkey Tribute last night, watching the level on the bottle go down makes me sad, but my taste buds really enjoy it!!

On the Old Rip 10/107......southtrade do have stock in Australia, when I get on the other PC I will check the price and post back

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Wholesale price for Old Rip 10/107 is $130. I can probably get it for that price, get the rep to get it on his company account or something. Let me know if you're keen....

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I've been in the very lucky position to enjoy annual overseas holidays for the last several years. I always make sure I research what bourbons are available at our destination with the aim to bring back as much as my duty free allowance will allow (and my wife's if she's in a sharing mood)

Definately let me know if you ever make it north.... There's a few members here from Brisbane and I'm sure we could organise a get-together and find a few pours to share if you are ever in town
    Cheers cam, a generous offer which I will remember.

Havin a sip of johnny drum private stock 15yr, i am really enjoying this, for some reason i feel likd i shouldnt be?

Havin a sip of johnny drum private stock 15yr, i am really enjoying this, for some reason i feel likd i shouldnt be?
    Nothing wrong with that. When I visited Sam Sneads a few weeks ago, I went in with specific bottles in mind to buy, and after a sample of a couple of their open sample bottles ended up leaving with tree totally different bottles including a Johnny Drum. So I guess I rate it given I bought one after tasting it