Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taster

Long time lurker from Bethesda, MD

Hey all,
    I've been a long time lurker of SB and finally decided to officially join the community. I'm 38 years old and thoroughly enjoy wheated bourbon. Extremely lucky to have a fiance who doesn't give me a hard time when add more bottles to my already extensive collection. Hope to learn a lot here and make some friends along the way.

Cheers!

Guru

Long time lurker from Bethesda, MD

Welcome bontrager.

That name is one of my favorite Mountain Bike marks (from Keith Bontrager) from the early days of the sport.

Sorry for the semi-rough welcome you got in the Old Fitz thread - looking forward to getting to know you & reading your posts here.

There's a chat button at the bottom of the page and we hangout & talk about bourbon / life so hang out one night when you get a chance.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Taster

Re: Long time lurker from Bethesda, MD

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Welcome bontrager.

That name is one of my favorite Mountain Bike marks (from Keith Bontrager) from the early days of the sport.

Sorry for the semi-rough welcome you got in the Old Fitz thread - looking forward to getting to know you & reading your posts here.

There's a chat button at the bottom of the page and we hangout & talk about bourbon / life so hang out one night when you get a chance.
    Thanks! Yeah, I still own my old faithful Bontrager mountain bike. Rock solid, and never lets me down. Looking forward to chatting sometime.

Virtuoso

Welcome. Look forward to hearing more about that extensive collection. What's your favorite wheater? Nice to have you aboard
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    Welcome. Look forward to hearing more about that extensive collection. What's your favorite wheater? Nice to have you aboard
    Thanks! Favorite wheater would definitely be PVW 20, with the 15 being a close second. Next up (and obviously much easier to get) would be William Larue Weller. JPS 17 is wonderful, but I'm out of that. Have some W.L. Weller 12 year on the way which I'm excited about trying.

Guru

Welcome! Wow - you're starting at the top and working your way down, not that there's anything wrong with that Everything you mentioned is typically some type of challenge to get (at least in these parts). Have you tried Larceny, Old Weller Antique, Weller Special Reserve, or (don't laugh) Maker's Mark? I think you'll like the Weller 12.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bontrager View Post
    Thanks! Favorite wheater would definitely be PVW 20, with the 15 being a close second. Next up (and obviously much easier to get) would be William Larue Weller. JPS 17 is wonderful, but I'm out of that. Have some W.L. Weller 12 year on the way which I'm excited about trying.

Make a pour of the OF BIB................it will rearrange your list. Welcome
    "You can't claim to have been drinkin all day if you don't start first thing in the mornin."

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    Welcome! Wow - you're starting at the top and working your way down, not that there's anything wrong with that Everything you mentioned is typically some type of challenge to get (at least in these parts). Have you tried Larceny, Old Weller Antique, Weller Special Reserve, or (don't laugh) Maker's Mark? I think you'll like the Weller 12.
    Thanks for the welcome! Lol...I may be new to the forum, but not new to bourbon. But yeah I definitely go to great lengths to get the good stuff.
    Yes, I've tried WSR and MM. Haven't had Larceny or OWA but it's mostly because my bunker is full of stuff that has been keeping me pretty content. Have a feeling I'm going to like the Weller 12 as well.

Another one I'm thoroughly enjoying is E.H. Taylor Tornado. Incredible.
    Last edited by bontrager; 05-31-2013 at 17:02.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Meruck View Post
    Make a pour of the OF BIB................it will rearrange your list. Welcome
    I'm kind of waiting for a special occasion to crack that one open. But I have a feeling you may be right about rearranging my list.

Glad to be here, looking forward to sharing/learning from others here in the community.

Guru

Quick, add another bunker . . . before you get married.